Villa Elisa Casa Vacanze
$299
$250
$356
  • Breakfast included
Ulisse Deluxe Hostel(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
$115
$98
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand Hotel Aminta(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
$299
$283
$220
$194
Agoda.com
All reviewsupstairs apartmentpiazza stiron gatetrain stationcomfortable walking distanceany assistancegreat hostscooking facilitiesdaily maid serviceknock on the doorperfect accommodationbusy piazzacentral locationthe main squareamalfi coast and caprihome from homesun terrace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My mother, my brother, and I stayed in the Dahlia room at Villa Elisa and we absolutely loved it! Right from the moment we arrived till our last day, there wasn't a single thing we could fault at this family run guest house. Antonio (the owner's son) was very helpful before we got and after. He had lots of good recommendations for us and helped organise some of our day trips.

Antonio's mother is a wonderful, warm, and loving lady and always greeted us with smiles and hugs. His father Mario is an excellent guide for Pompei and Herculaneum. We learnt so much from him - not just about the ruins but also about the history of the Sorrento peninsula and Sorrentino food.

The room we stayed in was very clean and had a wonderful kitchen. There was one full bathroom (toilet + shower) plus an extra toilet. The air conditioning worked very well and we slept really well every night. There was also a safe (which we didn't feel the need to use), and a TV (which we used only to watch some Olympic games!)

The most amazing part of this place is the central courtyard. It is a piece of paradise in an otherwise crowded and touristy Sorrento. Beautiful iron tables and chairs with local hand-painted ceramic table tops, lush greenery, and lovely guests to have a chat with or share a beer with!

The location could not have been more perfect - very central and 5-10 mins walk to the station.

We would go back in a heart beat!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mostly_fish
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My two daughters and I spent just over two weeks here in June, and couldn't have made a better choice! Antonio and his family were so welcoming and were always on hand if needed. There was however never any need, as all went perfectly. The top-floor apartment which we had was most comfortable, tastefully and simply furnished, the kitchen had all we needed for the few times we cooked there. Breakfast on the terrace surrounded by plants and overlooking the square was one of the highlights of the day. Luisa, who came to clean every day, is a treasure!
I would definitely return here, it was so much a home from home, we felt we were with really caring family. When the time was up we didn't want to leave... We will be back!

Room Tip: Our apartment on the top floor was very private.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Grazie Antonio ....MOLTO BUONA.
Such kind and friendly hosts who bend over backwards making for such an enjoyable stay. Antonio and his family obviously love what they do! The apartments are cleaned daily, furnished with everything you could need (and if it's not in there, they'll get it for you), comfortable and no shortage of hot water EVER. It's very competitively priced and so is really good value for money. What a fabulous holiday! All in all, I'd highly recommend Villa Elisa.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Yas A.

I booked the Dalia apartment and the small apartment upstairs during my visit at Villa Elisa in June of 2010. I was travelling by myself and couldn't have chosen a more perfect place. I booked based on a recommendation of a friend who used to stay there every year on his return to Sorrento and I am so happy I took his advice to stay there. Villa Elisa felt like home as it really was one. The family who owns the Villa live upstairs and they rent the three suites downstairs as well as a small apartment upstairs.

Pina and her son Antonio manage the bookings and are both wonderful. Antonio is one of the nicest people I've met, no matter what time of the day I contacted him via e-mails (before coming to Italy), he responded right away and always went out of his way to help me with my bookings and in finding a way to make the travel arrangements work. His professional and kind approach really stood out, which was great. Pina and her husband who live upstairs were wonderful. Upon arrival, they greeted me in a very warm and friendly way and in the afternoon, I saw their grandson in the garden downstairs playing...it felt like being on a summer holiday at your grandparents' place.

As a solo traveler, I felt at home, safe and very happy. I was there to attend Italian language school and couldn't have picked a better place.

During the first half of my stay, I stayed at Dalia and in the second half, in the apartment upstairs. When in Dalia, in the mornings, I could hear the coffee shop next door open up from the windows of its nice and large kitchen. In the afternoon, I could leave the front that opened to the garden open and enjoy the summer breeze. Other travellers used to come and lunch or dine in the garden.

The location couldn't have been more perfect, in the heart of Sorrento and close to everything and yet, it feels like a little secret garden away from the noisy city centre.

In the mornings I used to venture out to the coffee shop next door or across the street and walk to the language school that was only 5 minutes away on foot.

In the second half of my trip, I stayed in the apartment upstairs which had the view of Piazza Sant' Antonino from the living room...honestly, one of the most beautiful postcard views of an Italian piazza you could ask for, it was an ideal setting for a writer, to sit, listen and observe the piazza come alive in the mornings and calm down at night. The small kitchenette was perfect to make a quick meal and the bedroom was very comfortable with a small walk-in closest and the view of the garden downstairs which was absolutely beautiful...the apartment upstairs is ideal for one or two people.

I highly recommend Villa Elisa, I spent three of my most memorable and happiest weeks there, met amazing people and enjoyed every moment in a place that felt like home. Thanks to Antonio and his family, I will come back to Villa Elisa in a heart beat. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is an excellent place to stay in Sorrento. Antonio and his family are great hosts and can offer very good advice on where to eat and places to go. We stayed in the upstairs apartment which is beautifully fitted out and has use of a balcony area for eating and relaxing while enjoying a great view over the square. We could not have been more pleased and highly recommend the Villa Elisa as a place to stay in Sorrento.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple