“Nothing special ”

AZZ! Bar - italian Tavern - Casual Italian Dining
Ranked #23 of 319 Restaurants in Sorrento
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

The ravioli were well cooked and the lasagne was pretty good but all in all it was nothing special/authentic in my opinion. It was quite expensive (we paid 4€ fora tiny piece of garlic bread). Taking into consideration that it is placed on the main touristic road in Sorrento, it was still fine.

4  Thank juliabH9671SY
raffaele g, Proprietario at AZZ! Bar - italian Tavern - Casual Italian Dining, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

In fact I remember you, you are the usual tourists from sandwich bought at the supermarket who have ventured to eat some serious food that, in the end, you have not appreciated and understood for incompetence. Basically the usual ragamuffin.
Raffaele

Reviewed July 16, 2018

We were visiting Sorrento for five nights. We had dinner at Azz! on two nights and nearly made it a third but something cropped up. The food is excellent. It's a real find. The staff are fantastic and so friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to return one day. Thank you to all at Azz!

Reviewed July 15, 2018

It was a very hot day when we stopped outside Azz at the end of July! I am so glad we did. We ordered Lasagna and tomato salad and came back the next day for more. Raffaelle and Giusi are lovely people. Raffaelle lovingly cooks his food to a very high standard. The Lasagna and wine at 12 euro each is good value after the high prices of Rome. I would strongly recommend Azz! Thanks Raff and Guisi. Anne and Dave UK

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

While the reviews piqued my interest, it was the manager's replies that tickled us so much we just had to eat here. And it's exactly what we were expecting - good food, reasonable prices and friendly service. I had the lasagne + wine special and I have to say, quite apart from the ace lasagne, the amount of wine served along with it was more than generous! My only regret is that we didn't meet the owner or hear any of the repartee from our nice spot outside - we had to settle for a cool breeze and watching Sorrento wander past, which was just lovely. If you want a nice, casual dining experience with beaut food to boot, I definitely recommend it. Cheers!

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Dined at Azz on the recommendation of friends who came the previous year and we loved it! Very friendly service and Raphael the chef came over and chatted to us after our meal. The lasagne is absolutely delicious and at €12 including a glass of wine it’s incredible value. My daughters carbonara pizza was her favourite pizza of the holiday! Would recommend booking, especially if you want an outside table.

1  Thank Caledonia_14