Ulisse Deluxe Hostel
Grand Hotel Capodimonte(Sorrento)
Free cancellation until 05/27
$431
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento(Sorrento)
$335
$239
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $394/night.

Hotel del Mare(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
$213
$168
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $247/night.

Grand Hotel Royal(Sorrento)
$489
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $582/night.

$881
$673
Bellevue Syrene(Sorrento)
$589
$571
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $771/night.

$570
$466
  • Pool
Grand Hotel Ambasciatori(Sorrento)
$1,163
$213
$207
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $358/night.

1,432 results
All reviewstrain stationstar hotelthe main streetmarina grandeamalfi coastbig bathroomminute walkcakeswould definitely stay here againbreakfast roomstayed here for nightsmini fridgeyogurtcentre of townpiazza tassochiaraeuros
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Good hotel, located at the western end of Sorrento town away from the hustle and bustle of Cruise Ship day trippers and the busy main Piazza.
The name Hostel does not do this property justice, it is really more of a hotel and spa complex, with a great swimming pool and spa under the same roof.
Ulisse Deluxe is only a ten minute walk from the nearest beach which is much quieter than the beach near the port, although that is only 12 minutes walk away if you get the passenger lift down to the port which is 1.8euro return.
Service at the hotel was excellent, rooms were very clean and breakfast was very good again with excellent service.
We felt the day-trips to Amalfi recommended were a little expensive as we were able to do the same trip ourselves for half the price of the trip suggested by the Hostel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the southern end of the property appeared to have the best view, ours at the rear had a view of the local mental hospital!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeeJenner
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was more a hotel than a hotel. I was quite pleased with my large room with double bed, bath tub, mini fridge, outside there is a spacious lobby with lots of seating areas. Staff is very efficient and friendly. The breakfast buffet spread is above average for a hotel of this rating, with a selection of breads, cold cuts, cakes, yogurts, and machine coffee/juice. Do note that the hotel is at the edge of the historic center (around 15 min walk from the train station), so if you do want to stay right in the historical center, you may want to stay somewhere more central.

I especially want to recommend the boat trip to Capri. I was initially thinking of doing the trip on my own because I generally don't like being herded in a tour group, but this ended up being very good value. They take you on a boat which goes around the island (more than you would see if you take the commuter boats), the guide on the boat was very friendly and funny, and once on the island you will get the free time all to yourself. It was actually more convenient than battling the crowds who are all trying to take the last boats home (some tourists reported having to wait for several boats when they took public transport).

All in all, very good value for money and I had a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces outwards (I got a room that faced another hotel room)
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank mapandpencil
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel was chosen for us. We were on a Rick Steves tour. When I saw it was a hostel I was a bit apprehensive but was pleasantly surprised. Very clean and rooms and bathroom were huge. Breakfast room was also large enough to handle large groups. Large variety for breakfast.

Room Tip: off the beaten path but close to everything
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had a marvellous 6 nights at the Ulisse Deluxe Hostel in Sorrento Italy that was absolutely fabulous in all respects and exceeded all our expectations. I would rate this hotel, definitely not a hostel, with more stars if possible. The location is convenient and quiet with an easy walk to the port, restaurants and the station. Ask the staff for the shortcut to the port using a lift to the beach. I could not find any fault with the accommodation, staff and the breakfasts and it cost 80 euros per night for two with breakfast, including free wifi 24/7 that worked in the room. It is possible to prepay for a cheaper rate. I have never stayed in any accommodation where the staff has been so genuinely cheerful and helpful. I would not stay anywhere else and I would definitely recommend the Ulisse to anyone visiting Sorrento. The rooms are exactly like they are portrayed on the web page. I have visited Italy three times in total and the Ulisse serves the best breakfast I have ever eaten they even serve fresh fruit. You can have one coffee from the bar with breakfast. There was no charge or problem arranging to check out an hour later than the official check out time. A couple of days after our departure we received a lovely email from the Ulisse staff thanking us for staying with them and hoping we had a wonderful stay and looking forward to welcoming us back in the future.

TIPS
Allow 5 to 6 hours to explore Pompeii and maybe 3 hours for Herculaneum. On both sites there is no food or drink for sale so you must bring your own refreshments, also a sunhat and sunscreen as even in April the sun could burn. You can have guided tours with English speaking guides that I would highly recommend if you can find like minded people. We couldn’t have asked for a better guide at Herculaneum, with a total of 8 people, and it cost 15 euros each for 1 and a half hours. At Pompeii my husband and I were the only people who wanted a tour so we declined the guide’s offer of a tour for 120 euros for one hour.
If you have time visit the Naples National Archeological Museum because all the artefacts found at Herculaneum and Pompeii are there.

I would also highly recommend seeing the Greek Temples at Paestum. The day tour to Salerno and Paestum, Tuesdays only, with goldentours for 42 euros is worth every euro. We had an extremely knowledgeable English speaking guide who accompanied us on the tour of the Salerno Cathedral, the Paestum site and the museum.
Happy travels

Room Tip: I think we stayed in room 210.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank veronicarose
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We picked here based on reviews online and the location. Can't say I was really disappointed with this hostel. However I am reluctant to call it a hostel, as the dorm part of it wasn't really a dorm, it was just 2 bunk beds but otherwise a normal room. In my opinion, pay the extra 10 euro and get a regular room with a bigger, more comfortable bed and all the other amenities that come with it. We were on a budget but at the same time not looking for the cheapest place, so this worked out quite well. It was affordable, comfortable, nice, and clean. It is not in the center of Sorrento/near the train station but that being said its only about a 10 minute walk away. Not on a main street so it isn't overly noisy either.

Room Tip: If you originally booked the dorm, ask at the front desk for an upgrade to a regular room. If they have a room available they'll do it for much less (only 10 euro more for us).
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple