“Truly Authentic Italian restaurant”

Ristorante 'O Parrucchiano La Favorita
Ranked #105 of 320 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2019

I could not recommend this restaurant highly enough. The food was great, service was great, atmosphere relaxing, the service was perfect. Definitely worth a visit...

1  Thank 78Drew
Write a reviewReviews (5,659)

Reviewed September 24, 2019 via mobile

I heard great things about how beautiful this restaurant is, set in a lemon grove in beautiful Sorrento. I decided to check it out and see if reservations were needed as I intended to eat there the following night. The restaurant is indeed beautiful and large, but that was the only positive about this place.

I arrived and tired to ask several staff members about reservations, all ignored me only grunting and pointing in a random direction. I found the front desk woman who maintained the hostile attitude and refused to speak to me only pointing. I proceeded to stand right in front of the front desk and ask about reservations for the next night. The woman then made a phone call again ignoring my request. It was clear at this point they did not want my business and I left. I would never put this type of effort into asking about reservations in a US restaurant, but being in Italy I don’t expect everyone to speak English and am willing to put up with more
trouble to do everyday things. The trouble I encountered here was not a language barrier issue, but more of a anti- American /anti- tourist mentality.

I noticed the restaurant was empty in an area packed with people, it seems like they are actively trying to discourage patrons from coming in. I had a lot of amazing food in Sorrento in beautiful restaurants and was always welcomed with open arms. The hostility and indifference displayed by this restaurant staff was surprising in an area so heavily supported by tourism.

I recommend people stay away from this restaurant, there are tons of amazing restaurants in the area that will happily serve you.

1  Thank NInaJack081609
Reviewed September 24, 2019 via mobile

They must do resturant when in Sorrento and you must ask for peppy to be your waiter

Peppy creates a unique Combination of good humour and excellent service And makes the best Apparel spritz is in Sorrento

We came twice to this great resturant in the last few days

The restaurant is beautiful setting underneath a covering of lemon trees and vines

The food is delicious and would highly recommend the lasagne which comes with eggplant and Tiny little balls meatballs

Great way to recover after doing the path of the gods also you must be careful to keep your women under control

1  Thank RichieVin
Reviewed September 23, 2019

This restaurant was the very first one that my husband and I tried when in Sorrento. We went there for a late lunch, and the staff was truly welcoming and they found us a great table in their beautifully set restaurant. We both ordered pasta - I had the seafood risotto and my husband opted for the penne version of the seafood risotto. Although we did taste better pasta in other places in Italy, the atmosphere and the service made up for it! We enjoyed our lunch there. This is a very romantic place - a must for honeymooners in Sorrento!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed September 23, 2019 via mobile

A beautiful place to experience in the middle of Sorrento for great food and service. Truly amazing and worth a trip just to have a look at the set up lemon trees and garden effect.

1  Thank Gita D