“The best”

Ranked #134 of 289 Restaurants in Sorrento
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have eaten in O'Canonico 1898 maybe 30-40 times over the last 6 years. I look forward to going the moment I step onto the plane to fly to Italy. It is some of the best food I have had anywhere. The portions are not big, which for me is perfect because I want to sample a lot of different dishes. In the photos, the entrées were from last night and there were 5 courses, not counting desert. We were in a group of 10 & we made reservations the day before. We told them to cook what ever they wanted and everything was just wonderful.

In case you are wondering about the photos, I am a professional photographer and these are literally snapshots of the food as delivered to the table.

There are newer reviews for Ristorante 'O Canonico 1898

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is the place in the square , they know it and I presume their business costs reflect that position which inevitably is passed on in the price and for that you can not complain , a couple of lemonades with the inevitable dish of nibbles approx 14 euros , the view is simply watching the world go by , nothing else , posers paradise perhaps .

However although we did not eat there I gained the impression that they were there to lighten your wallet and there was little concern for their customer , just the approach of the waiters , pity really as with good food and attitude it could be so much better , but its a tourist cash cow and so I don't think they are too concerned.

A better place in the square is the bar at one end surrounded by a small hedge.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great food, great wine, great service. We had a wonderful afternoon on the patio sharing dishes that were unique twists on the classics. Very creative menu.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

These you will find at the Aurora. The prices reasonable
and the service excellent. The tables are a little close together
but you were always asked if the table was good for you. Inside in the hot weather it might be uncomfortable but you can always
eat outside.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

16 of us descended on this restaurant for an evening meal, we had booked and they allowed the Mum's to decorate the table in advance .
The staff were wonderful, nothing was too much trouble and the food / service was good considering the large number of us no-one had any complaints. It is linked to the other restaurants in this building - the staff could show those at Aurora Light what good service and customer relations is all about ( we ate there and had a terrible experience - have review it separately) !!!