Grand Hotel Salerno
B&B.it
Tricromia(Salerno)
$64
Delle Palme(Salerno)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
2,074 results
All reviewslarge hoteltrain stationlarge balconyamalficoastlinebuses
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This was our second stay at the GHS and it was as enjoyable as the first. The hotel is along the waterfront and, depending on your room, has excellent views of the water, the mountains, or both or a parking lot. We asked to be located on a specific side of the hotel with views of the ocean, the city and the mountains. The room was very large with a huge (for a hotel) deck. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. For rooms where the wi-fi signal wasn't strong, a cable is provided. The hotel has a pool and fitness center but we did not use either. The pool requires a bathing cap (I didn't know they were used any longer). There is also an ample buffet breakfast including bacon and eggs. All of the staff that we dealt with were courteous and helpful. The only issue that we had was a burned out bulb in the bathroom. We told the desk when we left in the morning about the bulb but it wasn't replaced by the time we returned that evening. Three phone calls and three hours later, we had light. We also did not eat at there restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kokorum
Reviewed May 14, 2014

While the hotel has somewhat of a corporate feel, the location is superb as you can walk from train, or walk to historic Salerno, and catch the sea-views from the rooftop! The rooms are spacious and breakfast is good. It's not far to Vietri sul Mare: Ceramics City; Ravello, Archeological site of Paestum and ferries depart just a short walk away. I travelled there in 2010.

Room Tip: Request Seaview rooms and be careful about ordering beverages that are not included.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2014

If you are looking for a nice, friendly family run hotel, this is not where you want to be. But if you wish to be received in an international atmosphere, with European standards and great facilities, particularly the swimming pool or gym, this might be it. I knew in advance what I could expect (check the hotel's website for an impression), and was satisfied. Staff at the reception helped me to find a room near the train station, and I was given a better room than I had booked and paid for. The swimming pool is exceptional, according to Italian standards: 25 metres, and INDOOR, which is rare to find in Italian hotels which a normal human being can afford. I paid just 60 EUR for the whole stay (1 night) through booking.com, which I found a very fair price indeed. Location at 10m walk from the station and near the sea is perfect. This is a place where I will almost certainly return. Bad luck for me that my room was in a corridor where entire school classes stayed. So there was much noise during the entire night and early morning.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea are more expensive, as usual.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank VincenzoH1962
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were booked in to the Grand Hotel for 3 nights in mid February. Trip Advisor's comments led me to the decision. After checking in and finding the hotel to be fully booked with 3 conferences we were given a room on the 4th floor, as far from the foyer as possible and no wifi what so ever. We weren't happy with the whole place - it just felt wrong and we asked to be reduced to a 1 night booking. Before this however we had investigated another hotel (The Plaza, across the road from the station) and they were able to offer us 2 nights for 20 euros less per night. The Grand Hotel happily accommodated (I'm thinking they liked the idea as it gave them an additional room for a Fri/Sat nights booking). So, we paid 110 euros for a night there and to be honest the Breakfast was huge and quite nice but 5.50euros for a hot chocolate was a rip off, and I complained at the front desk and they waived the charge. The hot drinks were all part of breakfast - the menu you fill in is quite confusing, and there is no restaurant you can sit and have breakfast. It all sounds very 'grand' but the hotel has an older, tired feel about it. Obviously it is perfect for Conferences so enjoy it if you are partaking in one there! If you have the option, choose The Plaza, the service was impeccible, nothing was ever too much trouble.

Room Tip: Be careful, don't expect the world with this hotel, it isn't Grand, it's a bit old and tired, but it would see to be the only hotel in Salerno which caters for conferencing or large groups. Breakfast was great. Be careful ordering hot drinks from the menu, they might charge you even though a hot chocolate would seem to be a choice you can have, according to the menu.... I did get a 5 euro refund when I questioned this!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David B
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Okay room but air conditioning struggled to keep room cool and the weather was not hot. Watch reception as they tried to charge us for breakfast in our room. The room information that indicates a charge for this is only in italian. The english literature makes it look like it is free.

Its about a 10 minute walk to train station which was handy although Salerno itself is not pretty. People sleeping rough outside so a higher room would be best.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple