“One of the highlights of my last visit in Campania”

Ristorante Cicirinella
Ranked #6 of 711 Restaurants in Salerno
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We went to this restaurant based on trip advisor reviews. Nice ambient and great service.
My dinner was based on fish. 4/5 delicious appetizers. A different and tasty first plate, pasta with Cozze, Vongole and chickpeas. Orata and squid as main plate.
Value for money, I will come back as soon as possible!!!

Reviewed September 10, 2011

We were greeted warmly by the host, and shown to the coolest table (it was a hot night) and were asked what our food preferences were and were given a couple of options. There was no menu. Food was provided promptly with a quick explanation. Anti pasto was superb, About 5 different dishes, all of excellent quality, we decided to forgo pasta in favor of dessert. The fish and calamari were of a very high standard. The chef came to see how we were enjoying the meal. It was so good, we came back the next night. My only criticism was the music playing was not quite in keeping with the overall ambience.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

This is for sure the best food in Salerno. Authentic, handmade, unique, beautiful... I could go on. Simply put, you will not be let down. And, the service staff are great too!

3  Thank JuttyMac
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Once I was an Erasmus-student in Salerno (2003) and since then I went several times back to this wonderfull place.
Last year I discovered the restaurant 'La Cicirinella'. It's really one of the best secret restaurants in the city (at the back of the Duomo). Meanwhile we eat by Ettore, Fabio and the others for several times and we were always surprised by the high quality Campanian dishes and the friendly staff.
We always start with antipasti (4 or 5 plates with small starters), after you choose a pasta or rice, then meat or fish and at least a dessert. Next to this try the fine Italian wines and a limoncello or liquirizo!
It all costs only 30-35 euros!

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Wonderfull! Just wonderfull... Dinner at Cicirinella was unforgettable!
Top quality food, prepared with love, and served with pride.
One of my best experiences ever in Italy!
Worth making a trip to Salerno!
Another nice surprice: the bill: 30€ pp, for 4 antipasti, pasta, main course and dessert, water and wine included!

1  Thank Anna188644