“Incredible”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Salerno
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Incredible”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

It is the most magnificent experience. A stay that brings you to the core of culture. Thank you to Concetta and her team, umber to , generosso and Gaetano to make this stay memorable. It's a must stay and eat

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Sandra T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I am not sure where to start! My stay at Albergo del Centrom Storico was AWESOME! The staff is so kind, friendly, and welcoming - specifically Davide Parcheri. He went out of his way to help my friends and I with everything from food, transportation, etc. I really felt at home here. The rooms were so spacious and comfortable! I was suprised by how affordable it was and expected minimal accomdations but my expectations were far from exceeded! They even brought our coffee and breakfast to our room the day we checked out so we could pack! I more than recommend this place! And tell Davide Hi from the California crew! :)

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank HayleaMinks
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I'm currently staying at the albergo del centro storico. Wonderful accommodations. Clean, lovely and quaint...close to everything. The staff is first rate and are willing to help with anything and e everything. Very close to shops, restaurants and bars. Minor language barrier but I am in their country....this is my issue...they work very hard to communicate and make your stay memorable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The staff was super friendly and responsive, they all did everything to help us cope with different situations we got into: 1. They helped us with the parking. A person from the garage came to pick the car, parking costs 13 eur/24h. 2. I got high fever (40+) as soon as we checked in (ate some spoiled food in some other place probably). They helped us with the food in the room for my wife - chef came to help her choose the food and served it so nicely. 3. When I've cut my toe they provided us with medicines we needed. There is no problem with checking from the bar counter downstairs. You are not there for 5 star hotel, so why you complain? There are always people willing to help you in the 24h bar downstairs - so that's even a plus!

One thing I didn't like was the sound of music coming from the bar downstairs. I think it's because the speaker was installed right below our floor. But it wasn't loud after 23.00 so it wasn't a problem for us. Anyway, the people were so responsive I'm 100% sure they would change the room if we complained!

Room Tip: never ever book a room with a street view unless you want to have a load speaker right under your be...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mintsage
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2012

A word to describe my stay was memorable. A beautiful quaint hotel in the heart of Salerno, that gives you the taste of the southern part of Italy. Very clean accommodations, helpful and available staff made my stay beyond pleasant. Food was exquisite and the chef always open to tending to my dining desires. New Years Eve party will be a moment that will be imbedded in my mind forever. Extend a gracious thank you to Generosso, Lucia, Connie, Umberto, and Gaetano for their hospitality. It is definitely a go back

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Sandra T
Columbus, OH
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We elected this hotel solely for its proximity to Teatro Giuseppe Verdi. It is only about 300 meters from the Opera House. The rooms were modernized and well appointed with television with many channels. The rooms are still undergoing some renovation and there were some exposed wires in our room. Bedding and bathrooms were clean. The hotel is located in an area of the city with busy nightlife, so it may not be for everyone. The rooms were well insulated from sounds coming from the street. Breakfast was served in the cafe underneath the rooms and someone is on site 24hrs a day. Excellent selection of food for breakfast along with fresh squeezed orange juice. Parking was extremely difficult to find and had to pay 2 Euro/hour to park overnight (San Francesco Parking - 1 km away from hotel). Good value for the money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Basically it is well located motel with a bad cost/benefit ratio. We chose this motel on the basis of its location. We thought it was close to the main port since we had to take a ferry to sicily. Afterwards we found out that it was at a 2km distance!
However, in order to make up your mind, you should consider the following items:
-Location: in the heart of Salerno, near the cathedral and nice restaurants (although that could also be taken as a disadvantage if you are assigned one of the rooms by the main street, it can be really noisy during the night!). 20 minutes walk from the train station.
Check-in: quite chaotic, the front desk is basically held on the counter of a bar.
Facilities: rooms quite spacious, air conditioning, big beds, no internet access, poor breakfast (served at the bar), parking?, showers are in VERY a bad state (it seems to be a general rule in the south of Italy).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple