“Warm and welcoming”

Ranked #1 of 224 Salerno B&B and Inns
Canberra, Australia
“Warm and welcoming”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I arrived at Salerno Centro in miserable weather after a 30 hour journey from Australia. Francesco was away on holidays but his mother Lina greeted me warmly providing tea and cake and I was soon settled into the Positano room. It was a wonderfully warm and comfortable base for my 4 day stay and Pasquale provided an excellent chauffeur service for me to Paestum and to Naples airport on my departure. My room was spacious and I was only sorry the weather did not allow use of the terrace.

The B&B is ideally located in the historic centre on a charming and vibrant piazza but there was little noise from outside.

If you want a personal, homely experience then I would recommend this place. Oh, and thank you for the limoncello!

Room Tip: Positano room is very spacious and has a lovely terrace.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Bed and Breakfast Salerno centro is perfect accommodation if you want to stay in the centre of the city. It´s situated in the main historical square Piazza Portanova in the building from 16th century. Bed and breakfast Salerno Centro is very cozy and shows typical Italian style. You can enjoy the typical Italian breakfast with homemade cake and coffee, but if you prefer bread with ham and cheese, the family will give it to you. They give you all necessary information about the important staff to visit, about timetables of buses, trains and boats, recommended restaurants and pizzerias right after your arrival by small refreshment. There is wifi connection also. Good point is, the Salerno centro is situated very need from train station, and both of the ports, from where is easy to get Amalfi, Positano or Capri. Salerno it´s just one hour far by train from Pompei and also very near to a famous archaeological site Paestum with pantheon. Salerno it´s just 60 km from Naples and it´s easy to get there by train, bus or boat. It you want to taste the real pizza Margherita in her cot, for sure visit pizzeria Sorbillo. I was in bed and breakfast Salerno Centro second time already, and i give you my best recommendations!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
switzerland
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was looking for somewhere near the station because of heavy bagage, but when I enquired about a room here, I was offered free pick-up from the station, and I greatfully accepted. the salerno centro B&B is more than just a bed and breakfast, its a family who open their home to you, providing more than just a fantastic made to measure breakfast and excellent bed. I prefer savoury in the morning and francesco's mother prepared different cheeses and meats, with delicious bread, big cappuccino, great expresso...but also homemade cakes everyday. his father was a great help, phoning for info of places I wanted to visit, (they even sold me bus tickets to avoid me having to going to a tobaconnist), and he was wonderful when he took me back to the station on my last day. the room was lovely, and although I chose the one with external private shower, the room was spacious, quiet, had wi-fi and even a vey welcome radiator in my room, after I'd been freezing in my previous hotel in calabria! to top all this, each guest is welcome to use the fridge, microwave, coffee machine and tea making facilities whenever they wish, which is very handy. what with being in the centre of town, and providing ample tourist information and discounts at local restaurants, I doubt you can beat Salerno Central for service and comfort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Salerno Centro. The B&B is very cozy, situated in a central place, rooms are clean and Francesco (the owner) is the most welcoming host. I would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2013

A great family-owned B&B! Very accommodating and welcoming, made us feel very comfortable immediately. Really great location in the heart of Salerno, near shops and restaurants. Very knowledgeable of the city and recommended some delicious places to eat. Our room didn't have a bathroom en suite, so that's why the room is rated slightly low. Francesco helped us get a discounted rate on a rental car to drive around the coast. Mrs. Manzo prepared a delicious breakfast every morning. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ħal Qormi, Malta
Reviewed February 27, 2013

we have been here during the chrismas period and i might say it was our best part of the holiday. luce d'artista is an unique experience !!! the location could not be better! we had a very warm welcome. For breakfast we had very nice selection of home made cake. Rooms were good size and even the bathroom. will surely revisit in the near future. hopefully in summer now :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place is wonderful! I initially booked a room for a week but extended two days because I liked it so much. Francesco, the owner, picked me up at the train station. He speaks English and spent a lot of time answering my questions and giving me great information about how best to visit the sights I wanted to see. It is very easy to get to the Amalfi coast towns, Paestum, Pompeii, Herculaneum and Naples. He even printed out bus and train schedules for me. Lena, his mother, was a delight and every morning served a delicious homemade cake, crepe, or other baked good at breakfast. I stayed in the Positano room which was so quiet and comfortable and the perfect refuge after a busy day out. It has a pretty private terrace as well. The B&B is located right in the center of the historic center. The pedestrian only shopping street is a few steps away to the right, and the lovely seafront promenade is about a minute walk to the left. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance too. This was by far the best place I stayed in my 3 weeks in Italy. I would return again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Positano room has a private terrace.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Greg S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salerno
Hotel Novotel Salerno Est Arechi
#1 of 5 in Conca dei Marini
City Central
City Central
#5 of 224 in Salerno

Been to Salerno Centro Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!