“Great B&B - great location!”

Salerno Centro Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 204 Salerno B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Great B&B - great location!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

A great family-owned B&B! Very accommodating and welcoming, made us feel very comfortable immediately. Really great location in the heart of Salerno, near shops and restaurants. Very knowledgeable of the city and recommended some delicious places to eat. Our room didn't have a bathroom en suite, so that's why the room is rated slightly low. Francesco helped us get a discounted rate on a rental car to drive around the coast. Mrs. Manzo prepared a delicious breakfast every morning. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Ħal Qormi, Malta
Reviewed February 27, 2013

we have been here during the chrismas period and i might say it was our best part of the holiday. luce d'artista is an unique experience !!! the location could not be better! we had a very warm welcome. For breakfast we had very nice selection of home made cake. Rooms were good size and even the bathroom. will surely revisit in the near future. hopefully in summer now :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place is wonderful! I initially booked a room for a week but extended two days because I liked it so much. Francesco, the owner, picked me up at the train station. He speaks English and spent a lot of time answering my questions and giving me great information about how best to visit the sights I wanted to see. It is very easy to get to the Amalfi coast towns, Paestum, Pompeii, Herculaneum and Naples. He even printed out bus and train schedules for me. Lena, his mother, was a delight and every morning served a delicious homemade cake, crepe, or other baked good at breakfast. I stayed in the Positano room which was so quiet and comfortable and the perfect refuge after a busy day out. It has a pretty private terrace as well. The B&B is located right in the center of the historic center. The pedestrian only shopping street is a few steps away to the right, and the lovely seafront promenade is about a minute walk to the left. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance too. This was by far the best place I stayed in my 3 weeks in Italy. I would return again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Positano room has a private terrace.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Greg S
Pendleton, Oregon
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My first International trip--a memorable experience! The Manzo family, Pasquale, Lina and Francesco, are wonderful hosts. My daughter and I stayed nine nights over Christmas and the New Year. At this time, the town is decorated with lights everywhere and ringing in the New Year was a blast. The B&B is a convenient hub for day trips to Paestum, Pompeii, the Amalfi coast and other sites. The train station and buses are nearby. The reviews I read while planning this trip were very helpful and TRUE! The place is immaculate, beds are comfy and our bathroom was spotless. Our room had a bathroom ensuite--we love the towel warmer. We enjoyed strolling along the Lungomare and through the streets in the piazza, which were right outside our B&B. When we returned, after a long day, I loved the smell as we entered--it was like coming home. We arrived at 8:45 p.m. by train, Francesco and his dad met us at the train station. They were so gracious to offer us something to eat at their home because it was too late to get a bite in town; however, we were too tired to accept. We did have New Year’s Eve dinner with them, which was fabulous. Francesco is enjoyable to chat with and speaks English very well. He took time to help us plan our stay. He gave us a map, brochures, and printed bus and train schedules which saved us time in planning our day. He drove us to the Arechi castle on a hilltop above the town and waited while we trekked through the nooks and crannies and watched as the sun painted the sky as it was setting. This is the place to stay if you are looking for great hospitality, and a home away from home. My only recommendation would be to learn some basic Italian phrases. I felt helpless that I could not communicate with Lina and Pasquale. Thankfully, my daughter was able to fill in where I was lacking. Ciao!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Aveiro
Reviewed February 14, 2013

It was a very nice stay there! We went to Salerno for business but found it a great place for walking around with our new friends and go for boat tours along the beautiful coast of Amalfi on a hot Summer.
Manzo is also a very welcoming host! Since then I wonder when we can get back there just for fun. Very nice B&B and town.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Livermore, California
Reviewed January 26, 2013

It's been a while since we stayed at Salerno Centro but the memories have not faded. My husband, daughter and myself thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Francesco was a wonderful host. He had a wealth of knowledge of the area and was more than willing to share to make sure we had an enjoyable vacation. We met wonderful people who were other guests at the B&B during our stay, which was a lot of fun. A highlight was Francesco and my husband on the motor scooter heading off to get our car. Francesco's parents were also wonderful and went the extra mile to make sure we had great meals. We would not hesitate to return to Salerno Centro when we return to Italy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Beaumaris, Australia
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The day we arrived at Salerno Centro my wife was really suffering from heat stress and Francesco, Lina and Pasquale could not have been more kind or helpful. Especially Lina who really cared for my wife and then they invited us to join them for lunch. Excellent Italian hospitality.
The accommodation was surprisingly spacious and comfortable with a really nice breakfast served on the balcony.
Salerno Centro is situated close to shops and it was interesting to join in the evening promenade. It is also close to the harbour.
We would recommend this B & B unreservedly.
Thank you Francesco, Lina and Pasquale for you kindness and hospitality

Room Tip: From the ferry terminal take a taxi, particularly in the height of summer.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple