“I returned to Salerno Centro of course!”

Salerno Centro Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 248 Salerno B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I wrote a review from my previous trip to Salerno Centro in October 2011 and have just returned from a second delightful trip in October 2012. I enjoyed my stay at Salerno Centro so much last year that staying anywhere else was unthinkable.

I was made even more welcome (if that´s possible) and treated with such kindness by Lina, Pasquale and Francesco that at the end of my stay it was very hard to leave. My room (as in the whole B&B) was just as spotlessly clean and comfortable as I remembered from my previous stay and breakfasts were delicious and plentiful with my preferences catered for. I really enjoyed meeting the other guests from other countries so much that I usually forgot the time and had to run to school every morning.

I returned to this area to study at the language school again for 2 weeks and because there is so much to see in this part of Italy, this time I stayed a little longer so that I could make longer excursions in the weekends. The ferry to Positano and Amalfi/Ravello is only 10 minutes walk from the B&B. The train station is also just 10 minutes walk away and there is a bus stop very close by the B&B for bus services to interesting little local towns such as Vietri and Cava.I also visited Paestum and Ravello which I enjoyed very much. All the information about the local services is available at the B&B and I had no fears about getting lost.

Even though I stayed a little longer than last year, I still haven't seen everything on my list, so I definitely plan to return again next year so that I can explore more of this delightful area and of course to stay at Salerno Centro with Lina, Paquale and Francesco!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Joan S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have stayed at Salerno Centro for 2 weeks (Sep. 30 - Oct. 13) while attending the language school in Salerno and just like the previous reviews, my experience was excellent. The location is perfect, walking distance from the rail station, with lots of restaurants near by and my favorite - the promenade is just a short walk away. I have stayed in the Positano room with the terrace and it was the best room in the house. The apartment is on the second floor (or for the Europeans on the first floor) of this old building (palazzo) and the ceilings are super high, which gives you the feel of even more space. My room was very spacious and I loved the terrace, since the weather was sill nice during my visit. The pictures on the web site show exactly what the rooms look like. And most of all, everything was spotlessly clean. Francesco and his family will make you feel like you're not just a guest of the B&B, but you're their guest. It truly felt like finding a home away from home. Upon my arrival I was given books and brochures about the area and Francesco has also helped me with the excursion to Paestum and a buffalo farm near by. His mom was there every morning during the breakfast, making sure that everyone had what they needed. What an amazing and thoughtful lady! Before you can even ask for something, she's already on it. I have never stayed at a hotel that would provide such an excellent and personal service. I highly recommend this little gem in Salerno and I know I will return there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank From_YVR
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the B&B for 6 nights in September and found it absolutely lived up to the other excellent recommendations on TripAdvisor. If you read those there's little we could add! Francesco's mother made breakfast as we wished and Francesco was very helpful and made us feel at home, much better than a impersonal hotel. The kitchen & terrace are available to visitors at any time so that's a good place to meet the other visitors and share a bottle of wine or two. The location is very good, being in the old town a short walk from the railway station and ferry terminals and a stone's throw from the promenade. There's plenty of restaurants nearby and Francesco can recommend some good ones which we visited each night. As for Salerno it's a good centre if you are interested in visiting the Amalfi coast area. We visited Amalfi, Ravello & Capri by ferry, Pompeii, Naples, and the old Greek city of Paestum. Salerno is well connected and I think is more convenient than Sorrento or Naples if you want to get about. But if you want to go to Paestum to see the 3 well preserved Greek temples then you need to get to the railway station earlier than us, after about 9:30 the next train is in the afternoon, but you can use the bus! One thing: they say its nigh on impossible to walk to the ancient castle with its impressive views over Salerno, not the case, you can walk it in an hour or so, it just takes a bit of careful navigation. I hope we can go back to that area to see some of the other sights and if we do we will definitely be staying at the B&B!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roger_the_Dodger123
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful at Salerno Centro, on our vacation to Italy. Francesco gave us a personal welcome and made us feel at home. He was the best host. He made sure we were familiar with the area and helped us with whatever we needed, way beyond expectations. I have never had a stay anywhere that was as pleasant. His family was wonderful, as well. Go there, you will not be sorry. Rick Steves should add this B&B to his guide to Italy.

Room Tip: Rooms with a bathroom are great
2  Thank Tammy G
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I travelled through Italy by myself and stayed for 5 nights at the B & B Salerno Centro. Family Manzo is great. They were really helpfull to me and I really did enjoy staying there. They made me feel home. The B & B is located in the middle of the city center, not far away from the train station. Everything is in walking distance. The B & B is really clean and cosy. For breakfast you can have everything, what you would like to have (home-made cake, jam, cereals, capuccino, caffè, ... ) I can warmly recommend staying at this B & B. Thank you very much, Lena, Pasquale and Francesco. I will definitely stay again at Salerno Centro if I will be back in town.
Grit

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Grit_Au
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a vacation in Italy. Our favourite accomodation was our stay at the B & B Salerno. We wish we had booked more nights. Francesco is the perfect host and makes you feel right at home from the moment you arrive. He is very helpful and no request is too much trouble for him. Francesco's mother, Lena, prepares a delicious breakfast with many choices. Our room in this quaint building was spotless and comfortable. We would highly recommend the B & B Salerno and hope to return someday for a longer stay.

2  Thank Gwendy R
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We just returned from a lovely 4 day adventure to Salerno, where we had the absolute pleasure of being hosted by Francesco and his parents, Pasquale and Lena. While the location of the Salerno Centro B&B is excellent, it was this group of people that made the experience so wonderful. Francesco picked us up at the Naples airport and drove us directly to Salerno. The conversation flowed well and we felt very welcome from the first moment. Although Pasquale and Lena did not speak English, they were not the least bit hesitant to figure out how to make us feel at home and to answer whatever questions we had. Francesco was always available, if not in person, then via phone. They truly went above and beyond to make sure we were able to see and do the things we were interested in. I felt like I was staying with friends... their care was so genuine.
There were plenty of places to dine, shop and people-watch nearby. Salerno was a great base for visiting the Amalfi coast, Pompeii and Paestum. I have no hesitations recommending Salerno Centro B&B to anyone interested in staying in this area.
I wish Francesco and his family the best in their B&B venture. You can certainly tell they love what they do... and they do it well!!

1  Thank Melissa M