See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Upon arriving Camere con Vista it is situated right on the hill closest to the bay providing spectacular views. However, there are a few stairs to getting to the top floor with the rooms so be ready although at the end you are rewarded with a breath taking view of the Amalfi Coast. As we were fortunate enough to receive a room with a view and a balcony! My friend and I had a splendid time while staying here. The rooms are kept clean and provide a cozy atmosphere for your stay. There is free wifi in the hotel and is easy accessible from the rooms. Although, breakfast wasn't served in bed it was located at the cafe that was right next to the beautiful cathedral. It's delicious pastries and cafe mixed with the warm sun rays peaking from the clouds was wonderful. It was quite a lovely way to wake up. After asking James where was the best places to visit he gave us detailed instructions on when to take the bus and where to go. Although we may have been down in Amalfi during the off season I feel as though it was the best time. You truly get to experience the Coast for what it is, a beautiful display of houses built into rocks and beaches without the crazy rush of tourists everywhere. The people that live there are very cordial and surprisingly know English all to well! I almost forgot I was in Italy! This hotel is a great place to stay while enjoying your time in Amalfi. I will certainly be going again soon.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank ACooke89
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We are an Australian family of 6 and stayed here in early Jan 2013. The staff were very helpful and after finding their travel office, they took us a couple of blocks to where the building was right on the Harbor front. Up several flights of stairs with our bags wasn't fun but we managed.
It wasn't a Hotel as such but more like separate Apartments within a building. Breakfast was at a local restaurant a few blocks away, just juice, cake and coffee but it was adequate. The rooms were big and fitted 3 of us comfortably.
Amalfi was great and such a beautiful place on the Mediterranean sea.
We would stay again, now that we know what to expect.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Steve B
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Camere Con Vista is perfectly positioned overlooking the waterfront and close to the centre of Amalfi. It is not a typical hotel but more like apartments. Nino and James who manage the property are so very helpful in every way. We stayed in 2 different apartments during our week's stay and they were both very comfortable, clean and with the most spectacular views. The breakfast at Bar Pasticceria Leone was perfect - our favourite part of the day just sitting and watching Amalfi come to life each day. Also best coffee in Amalfi! Camere Con Vista is very reasonably priced and great for a longer stay with the perfect view. I highly recommend it!

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank Aiki A
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our apartment had fantastic views over the waterfront and we were right in the middle of everything without it being too noisy.. The place was quite basic but it was clean and the people looking after the place are nearby for any assistance. We didn't find it on arrival but a local phoned our man and he was down straight away to lead us the way and even carried my heavy bag up to the top floor.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was delighted by my stay at the Camere con vista. For starters, the view of the harbour in Amalfi was superb. The reservation was handled with great efficiency. I actually turned up early but that was no problem at all. The room was clean, beautifully appointed, ideally situated in a very charming building and I couldn't fault one aspect of the place. If you want to engage very reasonably priced accommodation in what can be a hugely expensive area and you are still a stickler for high standards, then this is the place. Also, you are about as central as can be so access to buses and taxis is excellent... and that view!!! Fantastic value for money and a problem-less stay!

Date of stay: March 2012