See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment (double bedroom, bathroom, Lounge/kitchen with pull-out couch for 2 additional guests) in September 2012. Our apartment had two balconies, looking out onto the harbour and a wide stretch of ocean and Amalfi coastline. Breakfast (coffee and a pastry) was included in the room rate and was provided by a little restaurant on the main square. The pastries were great - freshly baked and a good variety each day. The apartment was clean and spacious with the basic amenities needed for a self-catered holiday. The price to pay for the spectacular view, lies in the accessability of the building. It is situated on top of a tunnel and the only access is by means of a door at the end/beginning of the tunnel and then a number of stairs, depending on which level your apartment is situated. We stayed in No 6, so in total 55 stairs had to be climbed to reach home - an important consideration when travelling with small children or less mobile companions! Getting to and from the apartment was a bit of an adrenalin rush each time - particularly when walking to and from the bus station and competing with traffic in the tunnel with luggage! The view from our apartment and atmosphere in Amalfi was most memorable and if we ever had the opportunity we would certainly return to both!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Excellent addition to what I consider my best holiday this far, I'm glad I didn't disappoint my friend with my choices regarding our holiday destination and our temporary residence, a relaxing and clean environment within close proximity on the town centre, really we couln't have asked for more ^^.
Spot on service under every aspect and same thing can be said regarding the quality of the rooms, so no complaints about the prices, we got exactly what we paid for.
Should I decide to come back in South-Italy, I'll make sure to contact them again^^, really I'd recommend their service to whoever planning a nice holiday in south-Italy, definetely you won't disappointed

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sean L
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Great stay there.
Positive comments: Great view of the coast, clean room, coffee and tea amenities, fridge, good powerful ac for the Italian heat, TV (who needs one), 3 min walk to the centre of town, new and strange location on top of the tunnel, gd wifi.
Negative comments: You unfortunately have to walk through that darkish tunnel to get to the door. I heard from other guests on lower floors that in the dead of the night they could hear cars zooming through the tunnel. Not every room has a balcony.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The room does have a spectacular view of the Amalfi coast, but that is the only good thing about the facility. It is not a hotel, just rooms in another building close to the center of town. The room itself was no frills with a small bathroom. The beds and linens were old and it is a no frills place. We could live with that until the air conditioning broke and it was in the 90's there. We had trouble with it the first night and James came and told us it was set wrong. It worked for another day and a half and than died. James told us he had to order a part and bottom line is we never got another room or AC. I asked for a fan and was told to use the fan on the portable unit...there are no windows, only the door that opens to the balcony (which you can't leave open over night) so it was extremely hot. I was disappointed no compensation made for the inconvenience. If you're looking for a great view, this is it, but for the price, you should be careful. I didn't feel as if the owners, Nino and James, were interested in pleasing their customers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jolie2012
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We arrived in Amalfi by ferry from Salerno, contacted Nino, and he came and met us.
Our accommodation was a spacious room in building next to the Cathedral in the main Piazza.We just opened our french windows to watch the world go by below.We loved it.Close to everything, the ferries, buses just across the road. Nino was most helpful and his assistant has worked in Australia.
We stayed a week, loved every minute of it and felt like one of the locals by the time we left. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has A/C before you book.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends