Hotel Amalfi(Amalfi)
Miramalfi Hotel(Amalfi)
$427
$416
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $469/night.

$296
$289
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $347/night.

$376
Villa Lara(Amalfi)
$190
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

$424
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $524/night.

Hotel Aurora(Amalfi)
$1,504
$1,466
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $1,801/night.

All reviewsfew stairsnice stayview is amazingview from the balconyyogurtbrothersrateswificoasteurosboatssea
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

First of all the service and hospitality is amazing.
The boys who own it really make you feel welcome and are always there to help with whatever you need.

The room itself is quite tiny and has a lot of steps (139) to be exact from the road to our room. Yes I counted one night but it is Europe so what do you expect.
The view from the hotel is breathtaking and having breakfast on the little balcony is something special.
The location is great and allows easy access to the town and Atrani (next suburb over).

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jsol34
Reviewed July 10, 2017

The selling point for this place is the views, as everyone else has said!

Luciano, the owner, is very friendly and helpful. He picked me up from the ferry port and walked me to the office, then showed me the room. He was also able to help out with restaurant recommendations and transportation advice.

The place is a 5 minute walk from the ferry terminal and the centre of town - location can't be beaten! Close enough to the restaurants etc in the centre but far away enough from the hordes of tourists. Keep in mind that there are quite a few stairs, so if you're older, have mobility issues or are just lazy then it may not be the right place for you!

The room itself was very comfortable - but please note there is no air conditioning. I would normally detract a star for this but I think the staff and views made up for it! There was a pedestal fan which cooled the room down. Everything else was fine (Wi-Fi worked well, good shower pressure, comfortable bed).

Breakfast is typical light Italian style - fruit, pastries, coffee and juice - all fresh and brought into your room whenever you ask for it (between 8:00 and 10:00)

By the way, like the reviewer below me, I also hate the fact that banks use terrible exchange rates when choosing to pay in the card's native currency - so I was glad that I was asked which currency I wanted to pay in, and chose euros!

Room Tip: One of the rooms has a terrace, the others have windows with small balconies. All have amazing views.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank hellofish
Reviewed June 17, 2017

When I arrived, the manager requested payment of my balance of 200 Euros. He then ran a charge on my credit card. But, without asking me first, he chose the option to pay in US Dollars rather than in Euros. He then presented me a charge in US dollars for $225.32. I complained because he did not ask me first. I informed him that I always pay in Euros because my entire life I had learned that merchant currency conversions rates are always worse than one's own bank. He insisted that his bank offered the best conversion rate: "Trust me." It was late, I was exhausted, and I thought that if I required him to reverse the charge, it would take a long time, and I could not be sure that he had done so correctly, so I would run the risk of paying twice; so I did not demand that he make the correction and bill me in Euros. But I was not happy.

I now know the difference in the two exchange rates, and, as I knew he was, the manager of Donna Giulia was wrong. I have just received my credit card bill which includes both the Donna Giulia charge of $225.32, and other charges that I paid on the same day—in Euros—which my bank charged me at its conversion rate, which was a better rate. If I had paid in Euros and paid the same conversion rate as my other credit charges that date, the Donna Giulia charge would have been $219.92. That is $5.40 less than Donna Giulia charged me for paying in US dollars.

The effect of this was that the manager of Donna Giulia took $5.40 of my money, without my consent, and gave it to his bank.

While this is not a lot of money, it is 2.45% higher than I should have paid. And if every merchant did the same thing, a trip to Italy which costs $10,000 if paid in Euros would cost about $245 more if paid in US dollars. It all adds up, and that is how customers are mistreated a few dollars, or Euros, at a time.

The credit card devices provide that it is the CUSTOMER who should be given the choice to pay in Euros or Dollars—NOT the merchant. Donna Giulia should never do this to a customer again.

Whenever I hear someone say "Trust me," without giving proof, I hold on to my wallet with both hands.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frank S
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

We only spent 2 nights here but it was fantastic. The host Luciano was so accommodating and helped us every time we had a question.
Get the room with a terrace, it includes a sun bed and table setting for 2. It's the best view in Amalfi!!! No better way to start your day then breakfast on the terrace. Room did get a little hot, we asked for a fan and Luciano provided one immediately. Highly recommend this B&B.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2017

We spent a week at Donna Giulia and it was wonderful! The views from the room were gorgeous! Each day our room was cleaned spotlessly and we were so comfortable. The bed was very comfy, the linens were clean and fresh, and the bathroom was modern. Additionally, the owner Luciano was so kind and really took the time to give us great recommendations around Amalfi! He was helpful and hospitable in so many ways- he went out of his way to introduce us to his friends who owned the local beach club and also arranged transportation for us to the airport for our 6am flight. Overall, it was an incredible weeklong stay at Donna Giulia and I already want to go back!! I would highly recommend staying here while in Amalfi.

Room Tip: steps from the beach!
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple