“Fantastic location and hotel”
Review of Sharon House

Sharon House
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
UK
“Fantastic location and hotel”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here very last minute after my initial accommodation in Amalfi let me down. The receptionist was fantastic when I arrived. My room was huge and well furnished and maintained - I even had a jacuzzi bath. Location is syuperb just a minute from the main street but set back a little and quiet. The breakfast was very good as well. Free wireless in the room..
I wish I'd booked this in the first place, absolute gem

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 1gruesome

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I chose this based on trip advisor recommendations and it is surpassing my hopes and expectations. Sharon House has so much to recommend it. Lovely bright clean spacious bedroom ( we are in room 3), Monsoon shower, complimentary tea making facilities, fridge stocked with wine, juice and water. Wifi access. Gorgeous roof top with chairs and 2 sun loungers. Stunning view up there of duomo and the sea and mountains. The breakfast is amazing. Lovely selection of cereal, fresh and canned fruit, cakes, cold meats, cheese, eggs and delicious vegetables in olive oil.
Lisa and Maria offer free guided tours of Amalfi and Ravello of which we took advantage plus they booked a day trip for us to Pompeii and Vesuvius and guided us to jet boat trip to Capri. Also recommended and booked superb local restaurants. What a service! Thanks so much!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank COMEFLY1
Anfeh
Reviewed August 9, 2012

spent 3 night in this amazing hotel, great location in Amalfi Coast, just few meters to the center. the room are lovely, clean and big. I had 11 days vacation in italy and i stayed in 3 different hotels including this one. Sharon house was the best between all. I do recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gaby A
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was there in 7/2012 in a family of four with parents approaching 60 and two children in mid and late 20s. We are a middle class family with middle class travel expectations. Subjectively, we thought this was our best hotel in Italy of the 5 cities we stayed in. Objective positives: was extremely clean and comfortable. We had a loft setup, with two twin beds on the upper part and queen on the bottom. The colors and furniture were bright, fresh, clean, and new. The shower had enough room for a woman to shave her legs (it was a problem for me and my mom in other cities). Located in the center of the piazza del duomo of amalfi. Polite and helpful staff which assisted with planning of excursions. Breakfast was the most plentiful of any hotel. Dairy, of course sweets/carbs, meats and cheeses, and canned fruit. Fresh whole fruit also available and coffee varieties are prepared cup by cup upon request to the morning staff (as opposed to a machine in other hotels).

Objective negatives: not many. The water leaked onto the bathroom tiles from the shower. There are church bells near by that go off frequently, but are hard to hear while sleeping. When other guests start moving around in the hallways it is a bit audible, especially on the upper floor. The a/c unit is directed downward, so the upper level becomes quite warm and difficult to sleep in.

Personally, we thought it was easy to find but agree that the signage could be more frequent. The hotel gives great directions in advance if requested.

Overall, wanted to stay there longer and would gladly stay there for a month if needed! Best hotel, for us, in Italy. Easily meets needs of comfort for a reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Lovely little hotel, perfectly situated for everything in Amalfi. I was worried it could be noisy at night as it's just off the main street but it was really quiet We stayed in the Junior Suite for 5 days which was great. Staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. I made a small complaint one day about the pillows being really flat , and they said they understood and made sure they got new ones for us that night. This is the only minus point I can make. The breakfast buffet was great considering it's pretty hard to get a decent breakfast in Italy and the coffee was great. Would 100% stay here again as it's fantastic value for money and a lovely friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Juior Suite is great and quity roomy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sophie_judge
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Location is great but a little difficult to find. There was a sign on the main road but when continuing along, the next sign wasn't until INSIDE the lift. The only reason we found the place was because the staff member had come down to greet us and thank goodness or we would have been lost for hours!

The place had a funny smell which just gave us a headache! We were glad we had windows to open to air out the room.

The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. What I did very much like was the fact that they had a safe! The shower however, so hard to manage the temperature. One day boiling hot, the next day luke warm, very strange.

The breakfast was ok. They had A LOT of cakes, twinkies, donuts, just sweet stuff in general and those items do not go down well at that time of the morning. On the bright side, some are individually wrapped so great to take with you for snacks during the day. For breakfast, we stuck to juice, yoghurt, cereal and toast which we were happy with. Oh! The croissants were nasty. Very very old!

Overall, I think 100 euro per night is ok with daily breakfast for 2 but I walked away not feeling anything special.

I recommend this place but it doesn't hurt to do some research in the area too.

Oh! I do need to mention that the tour company they recommended to go to Pompei was awful! Do not do it!!! At least find your own transport or hire a scooter. If you do want to do a tour organise it yourself, don't rely on the hotel because they only use "certain" agencies. They tell you that you can only go to the volcano and Pompei on Tuesdays and Saturdays BUT I found a Rome company that does it FIVE days a week...
www.sightseeing.com

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank jadeandbrent
Rome, Italy
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at Sharon House as a solo traveller. I thought it was reasonably priced. Great location just off the main street and quite clearly signposted - I found it easily without even looking at a map or asking anyone where it was. The place feels quiet, comfortable, modern, spacious, bright and cheerful. My room and bathroom were very clean. If you don't want to stay in your room there is a roof terrace, a dining area, and a common lounge with books and sofas.

The breakfast buffet was outstanding, the best I had on my 4 week trip. It included bread, cereal, cakes, pastries, biscuits, quiche, omelettes, hardboiled eggs, fruit, yoghurt, tea/coffee/juices/water, cold meats, cheeses, skewers... actually I did have one disappointment - there wasn't enough room in my stomach to try everything on offer!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. On arrival I was given a map with recommendations as to where to eat and places to visit. The free evening tour of Amalfi suggested by Lisa, the owner, was an informative and entertaining introduction to the town and it's history (and included a limoncello tasting!)

Fantastic B&B, I don't think you could go wrong staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo