“Nice, good location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Nice, good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't real sure I had selected a good location , but it turned out well. The whole Amalfi coast has an excellent transportation network to and from the major sites and the city of Amalfi seemed pretty centrally located. The hotel is what I would call " basic nice" with very friendly and helpful staff. I don't know if Eva is an owner, but she treats her customers like she is. The breakfast wasn't the best I experienced in Italy, but it was adequately average. For the money it was an excellent value. I would recommend to a friend who was looking for an excellent value

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keithPortland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Hungarian first
Vilnius, Lithuania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Hotel's location is truly excelent, just few steps from main square, couple minutes from the beach or bus stop. Nothing to complain about room size or bath. Everything renovated. Wide selection for breakfast. Very helpful staff. The only thing i felt uncomfortable was some specific smell in all areas of hotel. You do not notice it after some 10 minutes, but on the entrance to hotel we felt it very strongly. I guess they use limoncello esence, but it is just too much of it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay here. The location is excellent, right in the heart of Amalfi within 3 minutes walk of the bus stop, the beach, and the Cathedral. Room quality was very high, with AC, tv, fridge, and an excellent shower.

Manager was very sweet and offered us suggestions and generally chatted with us. She greeted us with a drink when we arrived which was very appreciated after a crowded bus winding through the coast. The room had printed out walking tours in English and Italian, and we used the directions to go on the Valle delle Ferriere walk.

Breakfast was consistently excellent, with made-to-order cappuccinos/espressos and an amazing spread with pastries, croissants, cheese, prosciutto, salami, yogurt, and fruit. It was really impressive. I was very pleased with our stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim H
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 19-27 September and with my boyfriend. We had high expectations of the hotel after reading Trip Advisor reviews but were still really impressed with it. Agnese and the other hotel staff are incredibly helpful and very friendly. Nothing we asked them annoyed them (as far as they let on...) and they were always willing to help further.

We stayed in room 1, which being next to reception could be quite noisy but this only bothered me as I'm such a light sleeper and certainly didn't phase my boyfriend who wasn't woken by any noise outside the room.

The breakfast room is beautiful and the food is incredible, I wish I could eat the fried pasta and filo pastry pies every day!

Location wise, it couldn't be better. It's 2 minutes from the beach but secluded enough to feel private. We had a balcony which was overlooked the busy shops and restaurants- although completely soundproof when the door was shut which was excellent. The rooftop terrace is fantastic and we spent many lazy days & nights there.

We booked one trip through the hotel and was very easy & straightforward. If I go to Amalfi again, i'll most certainly be staying there.

Thank you Agnese & everyone!

Room Tip: Room 1 has a fanstic balcony overlooking the hustle & bustle - the doors are sound proof too. As...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Beccakins587
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed at the Floridiana Hotel in July 2013 with my wife and 21 year old daughter. The location is excellent, in the heart of Amalfi, but secluded in a courtyard up a flight of stairs. Agnese and her staff were wonderful. The room with attached bathroom was very large. The breakfasts were plentiful and delicious. The rooftop terrace was a lovely place to have a drink at the end of the day, with beautiful views of Amalfi. Agnese was so helpful with everything, including recommendations for restaurants and places to go, arranging transportation. My wife's mother became ill during the trip and Agnese was so supportive, even offering to let us use her phone for calls to the US. There are two great guys who help carry the luggage up the steps to the hotel. I also recommend a day trip to nearby Ravello.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jkauf99
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We recently stayed at this wonderful hotel in Amalfi for 10 days. From the minute we went off the busy main street and into the quiet courtyard everything was perfect. The hotel is spotless, comfortable and above all very peaceful (due to the excellent double glazing!). The staff are wonderful and made us feel so welcome. One great benefit of this hotel is that a couple of minutes from the door and you are in the centre of Amalfi with an excellent selection of restaurants.

Amalfi itself is a brilliant base to go on day trips around the area without all the upheaval of moving hotels. We visited Sorrento, Ravello, Capri, Pompeii, Positano etc, etc. After a day sightseeing or a walk through the forest, you can relax in the Jacuzzi on the roof terrace. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Fantastic location, clean, welcoming, peaceful, relaxing but most of all, the brilliant staff who make you feel special from the minute you arrive. Best hotel I have stayed in and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms are excellent due to fantastic double glazing and shutters.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CalC945
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

A perfect hotel any way you look at it - great location just minutes from the beach, restaurants, buses and ferries, helpful and friendly staff, spotless facility, large rooms and all for a very reasonable price. I can't recommend it highly enough. We would definitely stay there again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple