Hotel Fontana
$195
Hotwire.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $217/night.

Hotel Amalfi(Amalfi)(Great Value!)
$257
$180
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

$545
$219
$213
Miramalfi Hotel(Amalfi)
$407
$352
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $572/night.

$231
$846
$1,529
$1,075
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $1,568/night.

All reviewsthe main squarebasic hotelsea viewsteep stairsst andrearoom was largechurch bellscars drivingtwo single bedspiazza duomoamalfi cathedralsmall liftexcellent locationferry terminalcomfy bedheavy luggageair conditioning
Reviewed July 25, 2012

A cute little hotel with a great location in Amalfi. It's right on the coast, across the street from the beach, right next to the big cathedral and in the main square. The hotel itself is up a flight of steep stairs, but not too bad. There is a small lift within the hotel, which is great. We had a room on the third floor and it was huge. The view was of a wall, but we didn't mind as we prefer quiet as opposed to a view. Thankfully we were higher up and on the backside. We had read reviews that had said the hotel was loud from the street noise. We did not encounter this during the day, quite quiet. However in the evenings we could hear people partying, but it wasn't too bad. Nothing ear plugs couldn't fix. This hotel can accommodate families of up to 5, which is hard to find in Europe.

The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, pillows were great.
The bathroom was quite large, shower worked great.
The best part about it: Air conditioning and a mini fridge! This is hard to find!
The mini fridge also has water and soda and beer for sale at very reasonable prices.

The staff were extremely friendly and offered us beach towels to take to the shore.
The breakfast was decent considering it's Italy. Croissants and buns and yogurt. There was also cappuccinos, tea and juices. Croissants were made fresh every day.

After a dismal week of poor hotels, this one made us quite happy to end off our trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank cjml87
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We had a room overlooking the street and cathedral. Privileged view.
It's an old building but historic. Although it could be refurbished to recategorize the property.
Anyway, it's a proper place to stay.
Breakfast is very basic and scarce.
The location is the best.

Room Tip: It is a small property. I guess the best rooms are those at the front.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vivyrom
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The workers were great and helpful. The breakfast was good, but being in the main square it was way too loud. The square didn't quite down till 1:00am and then you would wake up at 5:30 or 6:00 to vehicles going by or delivery trucks backing up to unload. The shower didn't drain so you would have to stop before it overflowed. I wouldn't stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I came to Amalfi for a friends wedding and this hotel is fab. I read other reviews about the noise and breakfast etc but was not put off. Firstly the location is bang smack in the middle of things so you would be silly not to grab breakfast out, nevertheless there is a continental style breakfast that will suffice if you so wish. The staff are super friendly and the place has a laid back family feel. My room was huge for the price and I had a window overlooking the square. Now yes it is noisy-ish as you are facing the main square in Amalfi but the view of the cathedral was spectacular and I enjoy listening to the hustle and bustle! I left my windows open at night and at 6am you can smell bread being baked which was divine! This is a 3 star hotel but it has everything you need and the hairdryer in the room was good. (I bring my own wherever I go!)

Getting up to the reception is difficult because there are stairs if you are by yourself and have a lot of luggage. However if you are in twos just wait with the bags and ask at reception for help. This is typical of a few hotels in amalfi as the place is all stairs! Not great if you have mobility issues in general and Amalfi is definitely not the place if you use a wheelchair.

The only thing I would have liked is a safe in my room (unless I couldn't find it!) .

I'd stay here again the price point is brilliant!

Room Tip: For bread smells and a view of the square go with a square facing room, for quiet and the sea ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KitMlynar
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Hotel Fontana is so easy to reach, 2 minutes down from the bus and you are there, in the middle of Amalfi town. Cathedral, cafes and beach on your doorstep. Arriving and leaving was so easy. I loved its location, so central. And also the fact that I got a sea view room, so nice!! Also the service was quite good, particularly the lady in the morning shift, she is so attentive and friendly. The only problem for me was that the wi-fi can be used only in the main public area and it's not free. I may pay for wi-fi, no worries, but definitely not if I cannot use it in the room.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo