All reviews roof terrace the main street amalfi coast the bus pastries central location your luggage stayed here for nights church bells small hotel breakfast was excellent street noise restaurant recommendations the hotel staff stayed longer beautiful amalfi piazza duomo
Selected filters
Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I just spent and extended late May holiday break at Albergo L’Antico Convitto (4 nights) and we can’t speak more highly about it. Gennaro, Gabriella and all the staff were kind, helpful, insightful and gave off such a positive energy....even in the face of 2-1-2 days of rain.

Convitto is a lovely boutique property that occupies the 3rd floor (4th for Americans!) right off the heart of Amalfi’s main semi-pedestrian street. It has a lift and a convenient super market just outside the door. We stayed in room 11, spotless with a comfy queen bed and elevated sitting area with jacuzzi tub (there’s a shower in he bathroom). It was well equipped with mini-fridge, air conditioning, outlets galore and reasonable-sized flat screen TV.

Breakfast was included, more than a typical continental breakfast with eggs (fried, scrambled and soft/hard boiled) as well as a nice variety of fruit and pastries, and rolls, cheeses and ham. Fresh pressed orange juice and hand made expresso/cappuccino/Americans are cheerfully made upon request.

The hotel arranged walks nearly every day with local guides for free. We did the 7 mile Walk with the Gods from Agerola to Sorrento (bus to start and ferry back). Not an easy walk but very rewarding views!

Gennaro and the rest of the staff’s recommendations of sights, transport and restaurants was perfect for us. We enjoyed Taverna Bounovinco (just around the corner), Marina Grande on the Amalfi waterfront and Villa Cimbrone’s fancy restaurant up in Ravello (Il flauto di pan) in particular.

They were immensely helpful with travel links..helping us get set up with PinTour’s shuttle back to Naples when the ferry service was suspended with the poor weather.
The roof garden affords super views, shame for us that the weather didn’t afford us much use.

He only minor drawback is there isn’t much common space to hang out in when the weather is poor...but it also incents one to get out and explore with a rain jacket/umbrella...which I assume is pretty rare anyway.

BTW - a rainy day tip - the paper mill Tour is well worth the €4.50 fee...particularly with young kids as they get a chance to make a page and the info on paper making -materials/equipment was very interesting for adults.

Back to Convitto - I would describe it as personal, individual, comfortable, warm and unique - all in the most positive sense.

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were in Amalfi for a wedding and stayed at Antico Convitto for five days. I absolutely loved how easy they made our whole visit! This is definitely the place to stay in Amalfi. It is cheaper than other hotels close by and BIGGER!

Rooms: The rooms are all SO spacious. I was able to check out our family members room and found that all of us had so much space! We even had more space than other family members who stayed down the street at a higher rate. The rooms were all clean and came with different amenities. My boyfriend and I had a hot tub and our family members had a “living room” type space with a sofa and table!

Extras: Antico also has a BEAUTIFUL ROOFTOP! It is huge and comes with very nice chairs with pillows. They also had this swing which I was very fond of. It is open 24/7 so you can take your morning coffee up there or some Prosecco at night! We were up there a lot during our trip. It is a great bonus. The views are beautiful! I took so many pictures up there :)

Staff: Lovely! All of them. From the man who greeted us every day to the lady who made our coffees in the morning. Gosh they were all so happy and really made us feel welcome! I literally saw them smile 24/7! The lady who changed our sheets everyday also was very nice!

Breakfast: They fresh squeeze orange juice!! And make cappuccinos! It is included in the free breakfast every morning! They also have an array of breakfast foods (meats/eggs) A bunch of pastries and sooo many different fruits! This is a huge bonus!

Minibar: Variety of Beer/Prosecco/Juices. All so reasonably priced. Prosecco was about $3 or so for a mini bottle? And I believe $2 for beer. We had a couple of both during our trip.

Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

It was so hard to choose a place to stay, as Amalfi is one of those holidays when you want everything to be just perfect. Now let me tell you, this was the best choice I could have made. Excellent location in the heart of town, but in a quiet street so you can sleep easy without any street noise. The room was fabulous! Huge and beautifully decorated. We loved the view and the whole atmosphere. Now to the staff! They couldn't be more accommodating and caring. One of our bags got "lost" on the way from another European city and the staff at the hotel went out of their way to help us, be it making calls about the missing luggage, giving suggestions as to where to buy the much needed bits and pieces until we were reunited with the baggage, even to the point where the staff said they would GIVE us clothes if the bag didn't arrive! We were truly touched. The other recommendations about where to go and how to travel around the region were also spot on. Loved the addition of the timetables in our room so we could plan ahead as well. I would love to return to this beautiful gem of a hotel and highly recommend it to anyone staying in Amalfi. Well done team!!

Reviewed May 20, 2019

Stayed for three nights on a walking trip. Lovely room quiet and clean. Good breakfast. Nice lounging area on roof. Very friendly staff. A porter met us on arrival at the bus stop and carried our bags to the hotel. Very central but a little difficult to find as up a small alley then a lift to reception. Ticked all our boxes and would stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for four nights in April and loved every minute. There were great recommendations for day trips and where to eat. Everyone who works here is so warm and friendly and were great with our 10 month old. We'll definitely come back. And the coffee at breakfast is excellent!!

Date of stay: April 2019