“Treated like part of the family! Amazing hotel and definitely place to be!!!”

Albergo L'Antico Convitto
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Diss, United Kingdom
“Treated like part of the family! Amazing hotel and definitely place to be!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I am a solo traveller and stayed in this beautiful hotel from 31st July till 5th August 2013. I celebrated my birthday on the first night of my stay at this hotel.
The staff are amazing, fresh coffee and use of all amenities. Their politeness and helpfulness was reassuring in what's the best thing to do in Amalfi. If you can speak a little Italian it does go a long way with a smile. I cannot thank the staff and manager enough for my stay at the hotel!!
I had a little help with after sun lotion put on my back as I was burned but Gabriella made it better for me. If you are kind and chatty like me - you will definitely get the very best of this hotel and of course the people in Amalfi town of Italy!!!
I am coming again to this hotel soon because I love it like a home from home! This hotel is just perfect and stunning with high ceilings!! Also I must point out fantastic shower with water jets everywhere in the shower. Just enough to cool off from high temperatures of 35-40 degrees peak season!! Love it!!! Xx

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed August 8, 2013

First and foremost, the staff were very very friendly and helpful, including a recommendation about a very good restaurant in Amalfi. We hired the family room which fitted the 5 of us. The room was clean and comfortable, with a small kitchen. The location is a bit strange - third floor of a building in Amalfi - other floors occupied with other hotels - but very convenient. A supermarket downstairs and all the locations easily accessible by foot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MirM63
West Kingston, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Located smack dab in the middle of the city, this place is in an excellent place to do everything in Amalfi. Antonella greeted us at the front desk, and was able to help us out before arriving with car pickup at the airport and also getting all our stuff to the hotel. Very friendly service! The room was clean, and everything worked well, including the air condition (thank God, it was unbelievably hot this week). The hotel itself is about 200 meters from the beach, which was an easy walk down the hill. Breakfast wasn't bad either, and they do make a great cappuccino. If I was to visit Amalfi again, I would definitely consider staying here again. Leaving, we were given a parting gift of lemonchello, nice touch!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed July 31, 2013

All staff are good kind hospitality. Cleaned bright room. Breakfast is very abundant and delicious.
The staff makes tasty coffee and cappuccino with smile. It can look at beautiful Amalfi from a terrace and eat breakfast. A super market is on the first floor and is convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Masato M
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

What a nice surprise! On this vacation, I have been to Parts of Germany, Austria, Switzerland and other parts of Italy. This hotel has all the combination! Great price, great location smack at center, free wifi, very spacious clean rooms, has A/C, normal shower, awesome staff! Would recommend this place 100%!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. The location within Amalfi is very convenient
and it boasts a beautiful terrace where one can have breakfast while enjoying a lovely
view. The rooms are spacious, light and everything works, including the AC, which can
be controlled from inside the bedroom. Breakfast is served with a smile, as is everything
else. Gabriella, Antonella, Ferdinando and Gennaro go out of their way to be helpful in
big and small ways. No matter what the need, they are happy to oblige. By the end of our
stay, they felt like family.
I would definitely stay here again if in Amalfi.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It's usually an especially bad, or an especially good experience that prompt people to leave reviews; happily mine was the latter. I cannot explain how nice the staff were - you'd accuse me of exaggerating - but they were simply the most helpful and charming hotel staff I have ever come across. On our last day we were leaving early (too early for the breakfast). The manager met us to collect the key, waived the mini-bar costs as it was "only water and juice", offered to make us an espresso to wake us up and then gave us packed lunches (packed lunches!! so cute!). Finally he presented us with a bottle of limoncello, with a hand written note of thanks for our stay. This typifies the way we were treated throughout our stay.
The room, terrace, location and value all exceeded our expectations, but it was the courtesy of the staff that made this such a touching experience.
My advice: stay here!