All reviewsthe bussea viewsmall hotelfloor to ceiling windowsbreakfast roomamazing viewsyogurtcoasttownstepsgaragesorrentopanorama
Reviewed June 28, 2018

As a pair of seasoned travellers we have stayed in moderate to high end accommodations. We have stayed at hotels which were pretty down market but La Ninfa tops the list for being one of the worst places we have ever had the displeasure of staying.

The hotel entrance is literally right off one of the busiest road main route between sorrento and Amalfi. So every time you step in and out of the hotel you are literally being passed by cars, busses, goods vehicles and mopeds!

Once inside the building a set of steep stairs will lead you down to the reception area. Alongside the reception is a narrow corridor with floor to ceiling windows which overlooks the sea. Most dramatic and amazing views. This is also the breakfast area.

We were allocated room four which is at the far end of this corridor. Just behind the bar so when you are in your room you will hear all the noises. To say I was in shock once inside the room was an understatement. It was as advertised a room with view which was what I’ve booked. The room resembled a cupboard with windows. Big enough for a small double bed, a cupboard with television on top and a bathroom with shower facility. It is not big enough for two adults and two suitcases. We do travel light yet we struggle to find somewhere to unpack. You have to step over suitcases to move around. We were constantly almost on top of each everything all the time. There is no where to sit and relax apart from the bed. There is no storage space so you leave everything in your suitcases. There is space for handbag and at the top of the pillows. There is literally nowhere to place anything. Clothes. Handbags etc etc etc. Absolutely nothing.

The bedroom door is actually a glass door with curtains. However the top of the door doesn’t have any curtains so lights from the corridor is on all night. So no darkness in the room with the light being reflected. If you crave darkness in order to sleep. Forget it. It is probably around ten meters square with a useable area of eight meters square.

Breakfast selection was decent enough. The hotel is approx one km away from Amalfi and the bus stops for Amalfi and positano/sorrento are just outside the hotel. You will need tickets before boarding the bus but don’t bother asking the hotel. They don’t sell any tickets so you have no option but to walk into Amalfi. This is seriously a joke. As mentioned previously you are walking along one of the main arterial route along this coast line. So you have all the traffic whizzing past you whilst walking along. Good luck!

We had a massive thunderstorm during our last night and there were seepage into the room. Most excellent when you have things on the floor as you don’t have anywhere to put them in the first place.

Some might think this hotel is charming and quaint but do think again. It does have a great view but all the other things just pushed this to the bottom.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2018

The hotel is truly special thanks to the views it offers. Even if the rooms are not big, the view to the open sea compensates for everything. It's a family owned hotel, that's why the atmosphere is very nice too! However a room with the sea view is a must! If I was booking again, I would make sure to book an apartment with a balcony, to enjoy the panarama even more.

Room Tip: a room with the sea view is a must, if possible book one with a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel amazing views !! Stunning quaint hotel in amalfi very relaxing and comfortable. The staff are very warm and friendly.
The prices were very fair and competitive in the area and it's a nice short stroll in to main area of shops.

I have recommend to all my friends and will defiantly be back.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hannah L
Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for only 1 night with my wife. Location is pretty far from the main city. I have booked a room view a sea view.
But when I checked in the room it was so small that I thought it is a store room.
I think dimensions of room were 10*5 feet only so you can understand.
Though staff was good and view was also very nice but because of room size it spoiled everything.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

We have recently visited Amalfi and stayed at La Ninfa hotel.
Stunning view through the windows, straight sea view.

The hotel is nice, clean and we felt like we are at home. The stay has been great thanks to lovely Maria, who did our breakfasts. Also Marco and the blond lady ( sorry, I do not know the name.

The location is outside the centre of the village, around 20 m to walk to centre (it is downhill), but I would recommend a bus ride for the return.
The breakfast is continental, nice and tasty.

Should we go back there, defo will stay at the same hotel.

Big thanks to Maria and Marco.

Marco, if you read this, we met at the airport in Naples.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family