“Notte romantica in costiera” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Ninfa

Hotel La Ninfa
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Bergamo, Italy
“Notte romantica in costiera”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Il mio ragazzo ed io ci abbiamo dormito solo una notte di dicembre ma ci siamo trovati veramente benissimo! Ci siamo svegliati con il dolce rumore del mare ed un sole stupendo. Lo consiglio vivamente :)

My boyfriend and I stayed here only one night in December and It was very beautiful! We woke up in the morning with the sweet noise of the sea and a very shining sun. I recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AntonellaMa92

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed here for a day, Amalfi is a beautiful place w.r.t. the hotel
THe Hotel was approx 800m-1km from the main center, but it is over the hill so getting there walking along with strolleys, seemed like 4km. You can take the bus which we were not aware of before we reached the hotel.
Staf was ok, approach of the room was through a small spiral staircase, mind u I mean really small, we had 2 bags not that big and it was difficult to get the bags to the rooms. So if its a bigger bag u'l have a real tough time.
Room was clean n tidy with a fridge, also complimentary wi-fi which was somewhat weak. View from the window of the room was breathtaking over-looking the sea.Bed was ok
The bathroom was outside the room, which was a put off although it was a private one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bhaveshdevgan
Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Italy and a stay at La Ninfa. First the good. The room was a bargain for the view you get. We stayed in the balcony room and the view was exceptionally beautiful. Maria and her staff were incredibly gracious and the bathroom in the suite was the best we had during our stay in Italy (It was large with a deep jetted tub and rainfall shower) . Now for the bad. When we entered the room I immediately got the feeling it wasn't propertly cleaned. The bedding, more specifically the throw pillows, were disgusting. They were old, ripped and had what looked like spots of food stuck on them. The walls (and I know white walls are hard to keep clean) were dirty, and the floor had spots (maybe coffee?) on it. I also wonder if La Ninfa may have a bed bug problem. On our last day my husband woke up with a track of welts on his side that after 3 weeks have still not completely healed.

Overall I think La Ninfa is a good value if you proceed with caution and give your room a thorough inspection.

Room Tip: Not a good choice for the elderly or those needing extra help on stairs. Also two of the rooms are l...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank msoar00
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were very happy with our stay at Hotel la Ninfa. Maria takes great care of her guests and let us stay in the apartment attached to La Ninfa. We loved it! It is very spacious and private. We loved having breakfast in the hotel every morning. What a breathtaking view! Maria also helped us rent a scooter to get around. We highly recommend it for adventure seekers because the roads are narrow and windy but it's an amazing feeling to live like the locals.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank Corinne M
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Amazing hotel, great price, it is small and kind of hard to find when you drive for the first time in Italy. But we loved it. its only 10 min walk to the center of Amalfi. We stayed in the room #5 which is like a penthouse , it is the only room in this hotel with the balcony like that and all the goods. We loved it from the first minute we opened our doors. This room is good only for two because its only one bed and not much space even for bags. Also this Premium room can only be book directly on hotel website and not on 3 party web sites ;). If you traveling as a couple do not think twice book this room you will not regret it.

Room Tip: Go directly on hotel website , do not use third party websites.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank oleg2425
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I found Hotel La Ninfa on Trip Advisor, and noticed a few bad reviews about the hotel being racist? I did not encounter the slightest instance that was even mildly related to such a bold statement. My friend and I are both from Singapore, and we decided to give it a shot because the photos looked fantastic!

Maurizio is an absolutely lovely person and so accommodating and caring. When he informed me that the hotel had a few problems with some leaks, we were notified that we would be put in a hotel nearby instead. I told him that I was honestly looking forward to my stay at La Ninfa but if the problem wasn't fixed, I guess we had no choice, but to keep me updated.

He called me shortly after before we left for Amalfi to let me know that all was well and he even upgraded us to the Junior Suite! We were so touched and appreciative of him going out of his way to make sure our stay in Amalfi was perfect, and it really was, topped off with a complimentary bottle of wine on arrival and a warm welcome from himself and one of his staff.

The view was fantastic, the room was awesome (facing the sea) and everything was just fabulous. Maurizio and his staff are some of the most friendliest people we have met that really made our visit to Amalfi complete.

Grazie Mille Hotel La Ninfa!
I 100% recommend this place to anyone visiting Amalfi.
Great staff, Great rooms, Awesome views.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for the rooms with a sea view, you won't want to miss out on a view like Amalfi
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kimberley O
Porto Alegre
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had the bad luck of staying here during 4 days. The room is tiny, don't have storage space. The accustic of the room is terrible!!!! No elevator (impossible for old people or with disability), breakfast is the poorest I've ever seen: no butter, no ham and cheese, no eggs. To go to the beach you have to pay 15 euros to use an elevator (or you may walk 460 steps for free) and don't have the right to choose your spot at the beach. Awful!!!! This is not a boutique hotel!
Staff is ok and the view is amazing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family