“Average place far from the center of Amalfi”
Review of Hotel La Ninfa

Hotel La Ninfa
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed here for a day, Amalfi is a beautiful place w.r.t. the hotel
THe Hotel was approx 800m-1km from the main center, but it is over the hill so getting there walking along with strolleys, seemed like 4km. You can take the bus which we were not aware of before we reached the hotel.
Staf was ok, approach of the room was through a small spiral staircase, mind u I mean really small, we had 2 bags not that big and it was difficult to get the bags to the rooms. So if its a bigger bag u'l have a real tough time.
Room was clean n tidy with a fridge, also complimentary wi-fi which was somewhat weak. View from the window of the room was breathtaking over-looking the sea.Bed was ok
The bathroom was outside the room, which was a put off although it was a private one.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bhaveshdevgan

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Italy and a stay at La Ninfa. First the good. The room was a bargain for the view you get. We stayed in the balcony room and the view was exceptionally beautiful. Maria and her staff were incredibly gracious and the bathroom in the suite was the best we had during our stay in Italy (It was large with a deep jetted tub and rainfall shower) . Now for the bad. When we entered the room I immediately got the feeling it wasn't propertly cleaned. The bedding, more specifically the throw pillows, were disgusting. They were old, ripped and had what looked like spots of food stuck on them. The walls (and I know white walls are hard to keep clean) were dirty, and the floor had spots (maybe coffee?) on it. I also wonder if La Ninfa may have a bed bug problem. On our last day my husband woke up with a track of welts on his side that after 3 weeks have still not completely healed.

Overall I think La Ninfa is a good value if you proceed with caution and give your room a thorough inspection.

Room Tip: Not a good choice for the elderly or those needing extra help on stairs. Also two of the rooms are l...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank msoar00
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were very happy with our stay at Hotel la Ninfa. Maria takes great care of her guests and let us stay in the apartment attached to La Ninfa. We loved it! It is very spacious and private. We loved having breakfast in the hotel every morning. What a breathtaking view! Maria also helped us rent a scooter to get around. We highly recommend it for adventure seekers because the roads are narrow and windy but it's an amazing feeling to live like the locals.

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank Corinne M
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Amazing hotel, great price, it is small and kind of hard to find when you drive for the first time in Italy. But we loved it. its only 10 min walk to the center of Amalfi. We stayed in the room #5 which is like a penthouse , it is the only room in this hotel with the balcony like that and all the goods. We loved it from the first minute we opened our doors. This room is good only for two because its only one bed and not much space even for bags. Also this Premium room can only be book directly on hotel website and not on 3 party web sites ;). If you traveling as a couple do not think twice book this room you will not regret it.

Room Tip: Go directly on hotel website , do not use third party websites.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank oleg2425
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I found Hotel La Ninfa on Trip Advisor, and noticed a few bad reviews about the hotel being racist? I did not encounter the slightest instance that was even mildly related to such a bold statement. My friend and I are both from Singapore, and we decided to give it a shot because the photos looked fantastic!

Maurizio is an absolutely lovely person and so accommodating and caring. When he informed me that the hotel had a few problems with some leaks, we were notified that we would be put in a hotel nearby instead. I told him that I was honestly looking forward to my stay at La Ninfa but if the problem wasn't fixed, I guess we had no choice, but to keep me updated.

He called me shortly after before we left for Amalfi to let me know that all was well and he even upgraded us to the Junior Suite! We were so touched and appreciative of him going out of his way to make sure our stay in Amalfi was perfect, and it really was, topped off with a complimentary bottle of wine on arrival and a warm welcome from himself and one of his staff.

The view was fantastic, the room was awesome (facing the sea) and everything was just fabulous. Maurizio and his staff are some of the most friendliest people we have met that really made our visit to Amalfi complete.

Grazie Mille Hotel La Ninfa!
I 100% recommend this place to anyone visiting Amalfi.
Great staff, Great rooms, Awesome views.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for the rooms with a sea view, you won't want to miss out on a view like Amalfi
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kimberley O
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had the bad luck of staying here during 4 days. The room is tiny, don't have storage space. The accustic of the room is terrible!!!! No elevator (impossible for old people or with disability), breakfast is the poorest I've ever seen: no butter, no ham and cheese, no eggs. To go to the beach you have to pay 15 euros to use an elevator (or you may walk 460 steps for free) and don't have the right to choose your spot at the beach. Awful!!!! This is not a boutique hotel!
Staff is ok and the view is amazing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank GauchosPeloMundo
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The dining room has a nice view, as advertised, but that's where this hotel stops being honest. The hotel website is extremely misleading from using very wide-angle lenses to give the impression the rooms are larger than they are (most rooms we saw couldn't fit luggage in). Your "ocean view" for most rooms is actually through the -Entrance Door!!- through the kitchen, bar or dining room. You have to, of course, close the entrance door for any type of privacy because they make food or drinks 2 ft. outside your room. Staff will wake you up early (making food outside your door) and you do not feel like you have any privacy as you can hear guests in other rooms quite easily. Do not go here if you are looking for any type of intimate retreat.

We saw lots of guests complaining and hotel management offered a bottle of wine (which is cheap in Italy) but basically shrugged it off and walked away while people were talking with them. Very poor service.

I was also shocked that they have no concept of security of personal information - watch as they leave your passport in a common wooden key box for all to access and flip through.

Friends of ours stays in another hotel in Amalfi and theirs was same price but much better quality. Overall, this is really low value. Don't be fooled by their misleading pictures - check out my pictures for a sense of what it is really like.

Room Tip: Get them to take pictures of your room specifically AND what it looks like from inside the room look...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple