All reviewsperfect locationthe bussea viewfirst floorbreakfast is servedbreakfast terracethe main squarerooms are beautifulturn down servicefresh towelsnice roomhotel is lovelypiazza duomostreet noisestayed here for nightsfew stepscroissants
Reviewed October 14, 2012

How good is it to see your hotel as you alight from the ferry! The first tick for the hotel is its great location, right on the seafront and very close to ferries, busses and a lovely little square with plenty of restaurants, shops and cafes.

The rooms were spacious, modern and immaculate as was the large breakfast room and deck overlooking the water, a great place for afternoon drinks.

Our room had a little balcony and if you looked left, there was the water, if you looked right, there was a nice view of the Piazza Duomo(made a good picture.)

I was worried about the noise as we were close to the Piazza but our room was equipped with very effective sound proof doors. It is this attention to detail that makes this hotel stand out from the rest.

Staff were friendly and helpful. We have very pleasant memories of our stay in Amalfi and I would have no hesitation to recommend it.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I arrived at the Hotel Residence Amalfi after a long day of touring that had turned rainy. The Hotel Residence proved a charming safe haven, offering very comfortable lodging and amenities. There was some confusion regarding parking (which is up the hill and in a lot that then connects to the hotel area via tunnel -- you can see the opportunity for confusion!) but Francesco, who greeted us at the front desk, patiently explained the process and it was much easier than initially expected. He was very helpful in getting us settled in and was a great ambassador for the hotel. (Quite handsome as well :) The hotel is in a great location, with wonderful views. We found numerous restaurants and sights to enjoy and access in the rain during our all too brief stay. We will be back!

Room Tip: waterfront offers beautiful views night and day.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crissiec
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Overall our stay, @ the Residence was as follows, they were very helpful in one way with giving us options of transportation to the hotel from the train station which is at Salnero. First off, a tip much more wise to take a ferry too the Amalfi its 35 minutes and cost 8 euro per person, plus 1.50 euro per bag, or you could be fancy and get a car which is 85 euro that takes you right to the hotel very nice and extra convient. What the Hotel failed to mention was that transportation would be paid in cash upon check out so keep in back of your mind if you decide to go that way! This hotel literally has key location right across the street is your own beach chairs cost 10 euro each. Great extra bonus great gelato place one step too the right of the hotel, always nice to cap the nite off! Then literally few steps outside your hotel is Amalfi town, nice shopping plenty of resturants to eat at, all are very similar and good for the most part! For Breakfast, you have a buffet setup with plenty of options of cereal, fruit juices, fruit, breads, ham and cheese! Beautiful views, very quiet hotel, dont get nervous when you leave your hotel you leave them your key, i didnt like it, but its standard, old school way too keep track of whose in and out, no funny business, use the safe your fine!, Now the one bad thing I will say was My girlfriend and I, did not care for the beds nor the sheets which were like plastic sand paper, not good at all, and the towels aswell, other than that, it was very nice stay! But please Upgrade sheets thats way too cheap, but if that doesnt really bother shouldnt deter you from staying b/c we had a great time!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Douglas K
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I spent 4 nights in the Residence as part of a week-long Amalfi coast walkking tour. From the beginning, we were anamored with the hotel- the lovely old appearance on the outside, and the grandeur of the interior, particularly on the 1st floor. We also loved the balcony overlooking the ocean used for having breakfast, which was included each morning.

This hotel is lovely. It is right near the beach (overlooking it), and is in the centre of the beautiful town of Amalfi (one of our favorite places on the entire Amalfi coast).

The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was spacious, bright and clean. And after the long walks up and down the hills, we really enjoyed the in-bath jacuzzi.

At the end of the trip, we ran into a real problem with our arranged transportation back to Salerno. The friendly hotel attendant, Francesco, spent 1/2 hour, in a seemingly impossible situation, helping us until it was resolved.

In short, we would highly recommend this hotel, and when we go back to Amalfi (which we will do because it was one of our favorite stops on our Italy tour), we will head straight back to Residence.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sridhar K
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Hotel residence is situated facing the sea with some rooms facing the entrance to the main street.

I found this hotel beautiful from the glass front doors to the spiral staircase on the first floor. What a beautiful entrance to the dining room with a large terrace to have breakfast, which is superb. Plenty to choose from and fresh everyday.

I travelled with my 18 month son and I could not speak highly enough of the staff who made what could have been difficult breakfast times bearable by playing peekaboo with him and keeping him entertained while they got on with their work.

I read a review which said the staff were arrogant but I must say that I found them completely the opposite. From the two boys, franceso and Vittorio on the front desk to the guys upstairs to the cleaning staff I found them exceptionally helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them.

Great place to stay.