All reviewsamalfi coastour honeymoonjunior suitebreakfast terracethe main streetprivate balconyshort strolla wonderful stayevery morningthoroughly enjoyed our stayrestaurant recommendationsstunning viewsthis lovely hotelnelloluccatownpietro
Reviewed August 4, 2018

Let me start off by saying we visited in June not Sept but it would only let me go back 1 yr. I wrote a review earlier but cannot find it so am doing it again. We traveled to Amalfi by Ferry from Salerno. When we arrived, they picked the four of us up in a golf cart with luggage to Villa Lara. We could have walked but with luggage it was much better. The fee was $5 pp and well worth it. The driver even stopped at the bank ATM for us to reload. Lucca met us at the gate and took our luggage.Check in is easy while we were offered a drink. This villa only has 7 rooms so is very quant with a few to die for .Room had everything we needed. They could not be more helpful-they booked a boat charter for us for 8 hrs. Since they were friends, he picked us up an hour early! They made dinner reservations for us which was wonderful. Since Villa Lara sent us, a bottle of lemoncello arrived at the table. They were able to find answers to all our questions quickly. I have recently been corresponding with Nello for our return trip in April. He has been on top of everything with quick response. Also, the breakfast and coffee is very generous.

Room Tip: We had an attic room for 4 and very comfortable. Don't think there is a bad room in the house.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at Villa Lara for 5 night and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff are all so kind and helpful. The location is brilliant and I would 100% recommend this hotel and the Amalfi to all of my friends and family. It is accessible to everywhere in the Amalfi coast and the hotel is walking distance from all public transport, the beach and all the restaurants and shops you could dream of. I honestly can’t speak highly enough about this hotel, it was great value, really clean and honestly the staff were another level.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Great location, walking distance to the piazza, shops, restaurants, ferry, and beach. It’s a boutique hotel and is very accommodating. The staff was excellent and extremely friendly. Thanks to Luca for all his help! Arranging taxis, constantly staying in contact via email with me, and accommodating our room requests. The air condition was working very well. WiFi was spotty but understandable, we’re on a cliff! One night we stayed in a junior suite which was incredible and the last two nights a double room, just as nice! My only complaint was the towels were very stiff and hard. I wish we had our own but it wasn’t possible. Breakfast was amazing, pastries, cereal, donuts, made to order eggs, cafe or cappuccino. Delicious, amazing, recommending to friends!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kayla L
Reviewed July 2, 2018

The combination of the Villa Lara's layout, location, and service makes this hotel a must-visit on your next journey to the Amalfi Coast! Our 3-night stay at the end of June capped off our 10-day Italy adventure leaving us wanting just one more day! The hotel is located just up the street from a public parking garage if you plan on driving in and thankfully has an elevator lift as an alternative to the 200+ stairs which you can choose to take if you want to get those Fitbit #'s up. The staff was excellent - we had a blast hanging out with Nello, Luigi, Lucca & Pietro and the rest! Our room was large enough for myself, husband our 9 year old son, and was clean, updated and featured a great view of the cliffs & sea! Breakfast was served every morning on the terazza and featured all the great foods you want for breakfast when you are in Italy - and the ceramic plates and cups- I wanted to buy them! We were sad to leave and hope to return again in the near future!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with at least a partial view of the sea- it's worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanna R
Reviewed June 16, 2018

We stayed 5 nights in Villa Lara this week. What a fantastic small hotel at the top of the Main Street in Amalfi. We had a superior room for the first 3 nights and a suite for last 2. The rooms are spacious and extremely clean. However what makes the Villa Lara special is the welcome from all the team. Nello, Luca, Marco and Luigi are so friendly and helpful that it feels you are staying with either family or friends of old. ,any thanks to you all for making our stay so fantastic. The ideal place to enjoy Amalfi from. John & Una

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John M
villalara, Responsabile reception at Villa Lara, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2018

grazieeeee