“Eating in amalfi”

Piazza Duomo Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #32 of 109 Restaurants in Amalfi
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We explored several restaurants in Amalfi and you were certainly spoilt for choice. We had a meal in this restaurant because the menu was uncluttered and it had interesting décor. We didn't have to wait long and the waitress was very friendly and chatty. My partner had anchovies which I didn't think I liked but which were absolutely delicious and he had fish which was the same with lovely quenelles of potatoes. I had ravioli which was light and fresh and a hazelnut parfait beautifully presented and just melted in the mouth. As I have a sweet tooth I always make sure that check out the desserts. All in all a lovely meal. Sara Shipton Chalfont St Peter England

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Of all the meals I had in Amalfi this one topped the lot! I had a spicy pepperoni pizza with rocket which packed a punch with flavour and heat! I made a special request for no cheese which was no problem at all. The service was very warm, welcoming and relaxed and the location is in the heart of the piazza with a great view and vibe. Special mention to the handsome manager Salvatore, who we became good friends with while visiting. A truly memorable experience. Would highly recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I'm not even kidding. The hottest man in all of Italy works at this restaurant, Salvatore. I got the caprese salad and a pasta I don't remember, but I do remember him.

The food was great. The scenery greater...and I'm not just talking about the waiter. The restaurant is right in the center of Amalfi's City Center with views of the church and great for people watching.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The service and food brought us back; we had dinner two out of our four nights in Amalfi. We made an attempt to eat as much from the menu as possible between the 4 of us, and it was all delicious. It was wonderful to have some variety in a menu after almost 2 weeks of pasta and pizza. The service was fantastic! The staff here was so careful to make sure our meal was timed in a way that was pleasing to us all, they made recommendations, and they were very personable. Loved this place! And, it doesn't hurt that its outdoor seating is right in the main square for the music and the people-watching. Any visitor to Amalfi must visit Piazza Duomo!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We went here twice during our 5 day stay in Amalfi. The waiter had some very good wine suggestions and recommended to share a T-bone. The meat was really tender and well cooked. The starters were equally nice. Good atmosphere on the main square in amalfi.