WINNER WONDERLAND

“Great place to stay in Amalfi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holidays Baia D'Amalfi

Holidays Baia D'Amalfi
Ranked #34 of 37 Amalfi B&B and Inns
“Great place to stay in Amalfi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Great location at centre of Amalfi. Great view from room. Staff all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast good. Pool is stunning, easy transport to pool. Very happy, would recommend! Buses and boats leave from right next to the hotel which is ideal for travelling to Amalfi and Sorrento etc! Room also spotlessly clean!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

My single room had a fantastic little patio overlooking the sea. Perfect but unfortunately the rest of the room was terrible. The sockets were coming out of the wall, what passed as clothes storage space was broken and inadequate. The shutters from the patio didnt close and a window once shut didnt want to reopen. Also the patio light didnt work. Stupid things which could be fixed in 30 mins. I was offered another room but it was.in a familys part of the building or a room with no window let alone one with a view. In the end I paid for the night I stayed and booked somewhere else in amalfi. But i'll really miss that view.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 1gruesome
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at Holidays Baia D'Amalfi last year and based on that experience we booked in again for a wonderful week of Amalfi summer.

The experience was every bit as good as last year. Emilio and Ester welcomed us back as if we were returning members of the family. They encouraged us to make ourselves right at home which is exactly what we did.

Holidays Baia D'Amalfi is right down on the waterfront near the pier. It's very conveniently located to the main square although you do need to be careful of the traffic coming through the tunnel which is located just outside the door of the accommodation.

If you have difficulty with mobility you should be aware that there are approximately 50 steps to the floor on which they are located. As other reviewers have said, there's no elevator.

The hotel is very clean and everything operates as it should. Guests can enjoy free WiFi. Rooms have airconditioning and are serviced daily. Breakfast is a generous continental breakfast and Emilio and Ester make a very good coffee.

I'm certain we'll come back. We consider it very good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RomaPHILE33
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

The host Emilo went above and beyond during my stay. He was full of advice (where to buy tickets for Capri day trip, restaurants, bus timetables ect) he even packed my breakfast up to take with me to Capri one morning.

There was only one hiccup as I had booked a single room but was placed in a double room. After one day I was asked to move as I was only staying three nights not the five originally booked. I did complain however as I had given months notice that I was only staying three nights and the bnb was not full - I would have been more than happy to stay in the single room the entire time but could not stand the thought if having to pack and unpack my bags yet again ( have been travelling for 2 months)! So I stayed in my room which was so lovely, I also appreciated the rooftop terrace a great place to catch some rays or a glass of wine at night.

The breakfast was amazing, cappuccino, bread, yoghurt, croissant and in the rooms there are mini fridge to store drinks ect.

The bnb was a little hard to find, it's the street behind the main street, originally I only thought it was for cars but sure enough the bnb is about 30 meters on the left.

Thanks to Emilio for carrying my luggage up the steep stairs. It was a pleasure staying here and would recommend!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Chloeruby24
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a lovely little place which offers you a great stay in Amalfi. Staff are friendly and always willing to help. The breakfast is free and very nice. They take good care of you. The room was very clean and we was given new towels everyday. Great location and the view is brilliant. A great find and I have reccommended it to friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Annie1987_12
jonah373
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Superbly located hotel right in the centre of town. Very nice clean room with excellent view over the harbour (although no balcony). Very friendly and helpful staff.

Only downside is that the hotel is three floors up and there's no elevator.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

We recently stayed at Hotels Baia in Amalfi. We loved the owners and nothing was too much trouble. They helped us with the bags, helped us with bookings and local knowledge. Softly spoken and kind people. The breakfast on the balcony was a delight because the view over the Marina and the ocean was beautiful. The breakfast was more than adequate but we do not have a lot of sweet things in our diet. I am a diabetic. The owners went out of their way to cook eggs for us instead. I'm glad we stayed there for the view. On a downside, the hotel is on the third floor and the steps are deep, if you are an older person or like me still recovering from major surgery, it may not be a good idea. For us it was easy to find. It is a very friendly hotel and you will love the owners.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family