WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holidays Baia D'Amalfi

Holidays Baia D'Amalfi
Ranked #34 of 37 Amalfi B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“Fantastic stay - staff went above and beyond.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

The host Emilo went above and beyond during my stay. He was full of advice (where to buy tickets for Capri day trip, restaurants, bus timetables ect) he even packed my breakfast up to take with me to Capri one morning.

There was only one hiccup as I had booked a single room but was placed in a double room. After one day I was asked to move as I was only staying three nights not the five originally booked. I did complain however as I had given months notice that I was only staying three nights and the bnb was not full - I would have been more than happy to stay in the single room the entire time but could not stand the thought if having to pack and unpack my bags yet again ( have been travelling for 2 months)! So I stayed in my room which was so lovely, I also appreciated the rooftop terrace a great place to catch some rays or a glass of wine at night.

The breakfast was amazing, cappuccino, bread, yoghurt, croissant and in the rooms there are mini fridge to store drinks ect.

The bnb was a little hard to find, it's the street behind the main street, originally I only thought it was for cars but sure enough the bnb is about 30 meters on the left.

Thanks to Emilio for carrying my luggage up the steep stairs. It was a pleasure staying here and would recommend!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Chloeruby24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a lovely little place which offers you a great stay in Amalfi. Staff are friendly and always willing to help. The breakfast is free and very nice. They take good care of you. The room was very clean and we was given new towels everyday. Great location and the view is brilliant. A great find and I have reccommended it to friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Annie1987_12
jonah373
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Superbly located hotel right in the centre of town. Very nice clean room with excellent view over the harbour (although no balcony). Very friendly and helpful staff.

Only downside is that the hotel is three floors up and there's no elevator.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

We recently stayed at Hotels Baia in Amalfi. We loved the owners and nothing was too much trouble. They helped us with the bags, helped us with bookings and local knowledge. Softly spoken and kind people. The breakfast on the balcony was a delight because the view over the Marina and the ocean was beautiful. The breakfast was more than adequate but we do not have a lot of sweet things in our diet. I am a diabetic. The owners went out of their way to cook eggs for us instead. I'm glad we stayed there for the view. On a downside, the hotel is on the third floor and the steps are deep, if you are an older person or like me still recovering from major surgery, it may not be a good idea. For us it was easy to find. It is a very friendly hotel and you will love the owners.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PaulineHawk
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

We booked a room that overlooked the bay and were not dissapointed. Can't fault the view from the balcony. But to get this view the rooms were all on the 5th (or 4th...?) floor of the building which means lots of stairs. But the staff were very helpful, carring our bags, printing stuff for us, helping with the ridiculous parking situation in Amalfi.

And also the room fronted a car park where all the busses arrived to drop people in town, so don't expect to sleep in till late because you will be woken by the noise. It wasn't a problem because the place is so pretty you want to get up and have a swim first thing in the morning.

Breakfast was basic, but there was a hell of a lot of it which was a nice touch. The room was expensive but I felt like I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view. It's worth it.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Achunike E
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Me and my husband have stayed for only two days at the hotel but we want to come back there. Brother and Sister who run the hotel are very friendly and exceptionally helpful (when we got stuck in Amalfi on the first of January, since no buses worked, Emilio took us to the train station in Salerno with his car asking only for money for the fuel he had used).
The location of the hotel is perfect.The view from the breakfast verandah is fantastic. Breakfast is good and the room and bathroom were very clean.
Our warmest greetings to Emilio and his Sister.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grazyna T
Lund, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the New Year and couldnt have been happier. The room was up a staircase to a beautiful balcony overlooking the sea. Everyone who worked there was so happy to help us and it was very close to the town center. I would definately go back :) Thank you for a wonderful holiday!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple