“Simply fantastic.”

Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Seattle, Washington
“Simply fantastic.”
Reviewed May 22, 2006

This hotel is one of the best I've ever experienced. There is only one warning to those who stay, okay two warnings...1. If you are sensitive to noise, do not stay in the rooms below the restaurant... and 2. You will not want to leave.

The views are amazing, the grounds are refreshing, the service is 5star luxury and the food is out-of-this-world. Just remember, in Italy, there is a price for it. But if you have the means, I highly recommend it… you will not regret it.

During our first night we were put in a noisy room below the restaurant. So, at 6:30AM the set-up for breakfast began and we heard it all. So, after speaking to the manager, we were moved that day, and upgraded as well. The suite he moved us to was amazing and so quiet.

The staff was always ready to assist and help and always so friendly. I would love to stay here again someday…after I save up some pennies! LOL!

• Stayed May 2006
7 Thank BellaV123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
London, England
Reviewed May 8, 2006

This is a special place. Not for the location - although it is perfect, being peacefully situated above the town, allowing you a short walk down the hill to Amalfi and its picturesque central square, with plenty of shops, bars and restaurants. (You might prefer a cab back if the hotle's shuttle bus is not running!) Not for the view - although it is absolutely breathtaking. Not for the rooms - beautiful though they are. Not for the food - excellent though it is, though better, for my taste, at lunch just above the sea. No, the real gem of this family owned hotel is the staff. We returned for a second visit last summer and were greeted by name and treated like old friends. Nothing - nothing - is too much trouble; it seems like a real pleasure to make the guests feel good and, although we are fortunate enough to stay at some truly great hotels, the attitude marks this one out as special. Not cheap, but worth every penny. We look forward to our third visit in June, when we shall met the couple whom we met and with whom we became friends two years ago, also on their third trip and my brother and his partner who recommended the hotel to me in the first place on their third trip too. Says it all, really!

• Stayed June 2005
7 Thank John East
new york
Reviewed April 30, 2006

Fantastic hotel, fantastic service--we could not have asked for more truly. This hotel is definately value for money--view, food and warmth. We came with our children and while the staff was more than gracious-- think it is better suited for couples. You will not be disapointed.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank dgb
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 12, 2006

This Hotel is Truly magnificent!
From the moment we arrived we were treated with impeccable service. The staff were extremely welcoming, helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble.
Our stay at the Santa Caterina was blissful, fantastic and was the holiday of a lifetime with fond memories which we will always treasure.
We would suggest that anyone wanting a romantic and relaxing retreat away from the rigours of everyday life should save their pennies and invest in a true gem of a hotel and a location to die for.

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, TX
Reviewed March 27, 2006

My husband travelled around Italy in late October, early November of 2005. We booked the Santa Caterina on a whim and it was the best part of the whole trip. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. Our room had beautiful turquoise tiled floors and what I believe was the largest terrace in the whole hotel. Our terrace was right above the outdoor seating area above the lobby and it was as big as our hotel room. The views were amazing and the town of Amalfi was picturesque.

The pool area was serene and I thoroughly enjoyed donning a bikini in November. As to the person who said the pool was filled with cold seawater, what do they expect. I saw several people jump into the sea and even though it was too cold for me, my husband gave it a try. When in Rome people, c'mon.

This was the most relaxing part of our very toursity trip to Italy and I would come back in a heartbeat. I suppose if you are looking for jampacked activities than you may not want to stay here. If you are looking for a relaxing getaway with beautiful scenery and people, then Amalfi and Santa Caterina are the right choice.

• Stayed November 2005
6 Thank JandA2282004
london
Reviewed January 25, 2006

My husband and I travelled through Italy by train on our way towards Sicily and stopped, as planned in Amalfi for Xmas. What a wonderful hotel. I am not referring to the property, although it was very comfortable, but to the staff. They were the best we have come across in our travels throughout the world. Nothing, and I mean nothing was too much trouble.They were charming and helpful and not at all snooty as some reception staff can be at five star hotels. The food was perfectly acceptable but nothing fantastic. The bedrooms are serene and very comfortable decorated in white with antique furniture and french doors overlooking the gorgeous bay of Amalfi. The bathroom was very well appointed with a Jacuzzi bath and a seperate room for the toilet. The hotel runs like a well oiled machine. I would love to return to this hotel in the summer.

• Stayed December 2005
2 Thank 6woody7
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed January 15, 2006

On our visit to Italy, we stayed in Rome, Venice, Siena, and Amalfi. This was definitely our favorite hotel. It was clean, comfortable, and beautiful. We stayed in a standard room, which was fine. The view from our balcony was breathtaking. The bathroom was very clean and loved the heated towel racks. The service was impeccable. They bent over backwards to make us happy. The breakfast was wonderful and the view from the dining room was gorgeous. All I have to say about the person who said something about the tv, who watches tv here!

The reviews I read that sounded disappointed surprised me, but I guess there are some people that just have to complain.

I would definitely without a doubt stay here again.

• Stayed March 2004
8 Thank CathyGeorgia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amalfi
NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi
#6 of 38 in Positano
Miramalfi Hotel
Miramalfi Hotel
#11 of 29 in Amalfi

Been to Santa Caterina Hotel? Share your experiences!