“Another Fabulous Stay at the Santa Caterina”

Santa Caterina Hotel
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This was the fifth time we have visited the Santa Caterina and once again a fabulous stay. It is so nice to be greeted by your first names when you arrive back it really makes you feel like returning home.
Once again the hotel exceeded expectations in everything. The staff are so polite and helpful and the restaurants expecially the sea view terrace one night a week dinning was fantastic.
The family run hotel is the best we have stayed in on the Amalfi coast.
We will return hopefully next year for another well earned vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Sitting at the breakfast reflecting on my stay here ,I can't believe it's time to leave.I don't want to get up and change for the trip home....
When we made our reservations for our week long trip to the Amalfi coast we were skeptical about staying in Amalfi longer than originally planned.
I COULD STAY IN THE SANTA CATARINA FOREVER.
EVERY detail and I mean EVERY DETAIL, is a big deal here.
This gem of a hotel that has been in the family for generations with just 66 rooms. They take pride in Their jobs and it shows.
We arrived by private charter to the dock where the beach club is and our luggage and us were all but carried on a red carpet to our upgraded junior suite.We were in room 27 which was one flight up from reception and had a nice large balcony with a beautiful view.The high ceilings make the rooms feel much larger than most rooms I've stayed in.
The rooms are always immaculate,and the decor is warm and light,there are a variety of antiques in every corner.
The grounds and gardens are expertly maintained.
The staff is accomodating and friendly and made us feel like we were the most important people staying there.
They have the best breakfast ever,with the finest produce and upscale variety I have seen in only a few hotels.
The restaurants within the hotel as well, boast the most delectable vegetables grown in their private gardens .
Now I have to shower and get ready for my flight home to New York...and I'm sad to go.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I heard of this hotel and called to book a room. From the get go Valeria assisted us with our reservation.
The pool area on the sea is beautiful with amazing views of the town of Amalfi.
The hotel is beautiful and the staff is amazing. The waiters, the pool attendants and Consierge staff are amazing.
The beautiful buffet breakfast overlooking the sea is a great start to every day.
Dinner to Bruno's piano playing is delight.
If you go there say hi to Gerrano at the front desk for us.
Alwarz

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 24, 2014

"Promise me we will come back" those were the words my wife said to me the morning we were backing up to leave this amazing hotel. We stayed for three nights and brought our teenage sons along to experience the Amalfi coast. Everyone fell in love with this hotel -- the staff, the service, the property but really it is the essence of the place that makes it so special -- everything comes together wonderfully.

The views are amazing, the water and swimming deck is magical....drinks on your patio or in the lobby are romantic and lovely. It is clean and modern with a wonderful old world charm. Constantly in the top places to stay in Italy, I get it, it really is that special.

I would recommend this over any hotel I have ever stayed at. We already are making plans to go back next year.

Room Tip: The sea side rooms offer spectacular views
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Very nice, clean and polite staff with amazing buffet breakfast! The hotel is located in a gorgeous part of the Amalfian Coast, with the best views of the water and very near the city centre of Amalfi, without being in the middle of the noisy old city centre.

Room Tip: if you can afford sea views, its great. We had partial sea views and part street and it was a little...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank beatrice35
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We celebrated my 25th birthday on the Amalfi coast and I chose this hotel and it was the most memorable holiday so far. The hotel is superb set in the cliff with gardens,a private pool club, 2 restaurants and the staff were a delight.
For the 1st night we got the honeymoon suite that is outside the main building on it own. Is a chalet on 2 levels wit a private pool/jacuzzi, a balcony and a terrace where we had brunch. The aces is by elevator and then the stairs take you to a delightful lemon tree garden so it's very private. It is pricey but well worth it we were disappointed we only booked for 1 night.

The rest of the holiday we stayed in a deluxe room also outside the main building with a nice terrace and view.

It's very close to the city centre you can walk, have a short cab ride or wait for the hotel shuttle that operates every hour or so.

The concierge will always try and help they organised our trips to Pompei, Salerno by car with a private chauffeur and our day trip to Capri with a nice yacht.

Food there is delicious we ate in the hotel most of the time that week. Fish and seafood always fresh, the mozzarella is made locally, and they grown their on vegetables!!!

Overall it was fantastic I definitely recommend it I would go back anytime.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Andra R
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This is an absolutely wonderful hotel and pricey. You are paying for the service and the beautiful location. The concierge takes care of all your needs and knows everyone in town, the house keeping employees were kind as were the doormen. The poolside lounge area next to the Mediterranean was beautiful. They have a small fitness center which was never crowded. The lobby sitting areas are breezy and quaint. The only thing I didn't really like were the beds but I found ALL the beds in Italy to be much harder than what we are used to in the US. Also the pillows are very soft. You will need several if your a side sleeper! Posting some lovely photos as well.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Shaun B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amalfi
NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi
#12 of 29 in Amalfi
Il San Pietro di Positano
Il San Pietro di Positano
#1 of 38 in Positano

Been to Santa Caterina Hotel? Share your experiences!