Santa Caterina Hotel
$201
$195
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $250/night.

Miramalfi Hotel(Amalfi)
$480
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $673/night.

$231
$224
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $252/night.

$319
  • Breakfast included
Villa Maria Luigia(Amalfi)(Great Value!)
$132
$126
Hotel Aurora(Amalfi)
$243
$1,550
$739
$700
1,069 results
All reviewsglass elevatorbeautiful hotelamalfi coastpool areathe cliffmain restaurantprivate boatelevator ridesea levelsalt water poolour honeymoonfive star hotelevery half hourthe entire staffmediterranean seafree shuttleshuttle service
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We have stayed in many luxurious places, with Exclusive Resorts and on our own, and this was possibly our favorite travel experience--ever. We were traveling with our three young adult children, 22-, 20, and 18, all of whom loved it as much as we did--an pleasing everyone in a large family is a tough mission to accomplish as anyone knows who's traveled with the whole family. The service at this resort made the trip. To a person, the staff was warm, helpful, sincere and gracious. It is also a beautiful combination of natural beauty and Italian culture. The hotel has an authentic Italian grace to it that many other luxury hotels lack, which made is special and unique for us.

Room Tip: The rooms vary significantly in their location and therefore you'll experience the hotel differently depending on which rooms you choose. I've noticed that many people have commented that they "loved" the rooms which we did not, and vice versa. So talk with the staff when you're booking to make sure that you understand where your room will be and they will go out of their way to make you happy. There is much variety in rooms, and clients have different taste preferences, but all of the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Rhinos04
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed at-- I usually don't go the high end route, I have never stayed at a Ritz or 4 seasons, but splurged on this hotel for the sea access and pool. Wow, did I get so much more -- the service, the beautiful, well maintained room with balcony (and I did get the lowest level room), the breakfast, wifi, shuttle to town (this could have been more frequent). My only gripe is they would give the man a menu with the prices, and the woman no prices...I complained, for MY higher paying successful career was funding this -- get with the times.

But the sea....ahhh. If you are going to be visiting other spots along the coast, and just sleeping in a hotel at night, might not be worth it. But if you are like us and want the sea and the sun and the relaxation....worth every penny. (we did positano and capri from sorrento prior to arriving in amalfi).

2  Thank zurich72
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed four nights on our 40th anniversary trip to Amalfi. We were very pleased with the hotel. The restaurant had the best fried Zucchini flower that I have ever tasted. Breakfast was always more than we could want, choices from the buffet were difficult to make as there was such a large selection along with fresh pastries. We were afraid dinner would be well above our budget but after eating one night in Amalfi. we were pleasantly surprised to find that the superior meal and service at the hotel was not much more than we had paid the night before. The hotel shuttle service into town was great but did not run for two hours after lunch. The walk to town is an easy five minute walk but beware of traffic and crazy drivers as there are no sidewalks. The room exceeded our expectations and we felt like housekeeping was there the minute we left the room. The pool is well worth the elevator ride to poolside and the pool restaurant made a reasonable price lunch. Would stay again if we were in Amalfi.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Quinnipiac10
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Agree with the other reviews. My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in May. We were in a room in the 80s, forget the number. The weather was less than ideal, but the stay was great nevertheless. I think the other reviewers already gave a great picture of the place, so I will just mention a few things others have not mentioned. In no way would these prevent us from returning.

1. 18 euro for drinks - expensive, but you're paying for the experience, the view, etc. Not just the drink.
2. Sheets - believe they were linen - actually fairly stiff/rough - I think they could either cut back on the starch or switch to more comfortable cotton sheets.
3. Everything is tile and stucco so you will hear doors slamming and footsteps and echo's.
4. Free breakfast except omelets - breakfast is very good, but kind of odd to give free champagne at breakfast - as much as you want and then to charge 10 euro for an omelet. For the extra say 100-150 euro they make per day on those who order an omelet, I'd rather just have them charge me an extra 5-10 euro a night to stay there.
5. Kids!!! - in the dinning room - there were a pretty high number of very young children/babies here when we stayed. It was strange that they list specifically that men must wear long pants (no jeans) for dinner and no cell phones allowed in the dinning room, and then there were babies crying and children screeching. I presume the goal of the rules is to create an elegant and quite atmosphere (which they do - with a piano player playing wonderful songs) but then why do they allow young children in high-chairs? Also, kids by the pool essentially monopolized the area for a while making my wife and I (as well as pretty much everyone else) avoid the immediate pool area until they left and it was quite again. Overall, I realize it's hard for the hotel to avoid children, but it is sort of like flying first class sitting next to a crying baby. Cannot do much about it, but makes the experience a little less than "first-class". Obviously, the parents are the ones that are to blame, but perhaps the hotel could discretely and quietly request those traveling with children use the pool only at certain hours or that children not be allowed in the dinning room after 8pm...I don't think many babies/young children want to be there anyway to be honest.

Don't take this review to be a negative. I listed 5 negatives, when there were 1000s of positives...from the amazing staff, the views, the prosecco before dinner, the flowers and gardens everywhere, the fruit and cookies in the rooms, the breakfasts, the views, the views, the views, etc. Overall 100% would return again.

3  Thank Cocktail-hour-1st
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The views are priceless. The luxury and classiness was just timeless. The service was warm, thoughtful...just exceptional. I wish I can think of something remotely negative to say. Most of all, Pino epitomized the standards of a maitre'd.