“110 times better than a shore excursion”
Review of Day Tour in Italy

Day Tour in Italy
Ranked #8 of 41 Tours in Amalfi
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear Clients Buongiorno! Private Tour in Italy offers you a wide range of Services. Specialized in Shore Excursions from the Dock of Naples to the treasures of Sorrento, Pompeii and the enchanting Amalfi Coast, we also provide private transfers and great tours from your hotel. English speaking local drivers and Mercedes minivans are the key of our success. Looking forward to take care of you and let you feel Italian for a few days
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We visited Italy in June 2012 while on a Mediteranian cruise. After reading all the positive comments about Domenico and his company from both tripadvisor and Cruise Critic I decided to book two private tours in Florence and the Amalfi Coast.

Domenico was very helpful. He assisted me with planning decisions and itinerary changes. He was extremely knowledgable and up to date with the cruise ship's times and dates at port.

Our first tour was of Pisa and Florence with Enrico. Enrico was waiting for us at the port as soon as we exited the ship. I must say I enjoyed talking with Erico on the way to Florance as much as I did seeing all the amazing sites. He was very knowledgeable of Italian history and of current issues. We visited a museum while in Florence. Enrico had our tickets reserved and we we're able to avoid the VERY long lines to purchase unreserved tickets.

Our second tour was of the Amalfi Coast with Raffaele. This was the most memorable day of my 21 day trip! The view at all times was amazing and Raffaele was a character. He was extremely accommodating, except that he never did let me try driving! Lunch at Fattoria la Tagliata was the highlight of my trip. To describe the people, atmosphere, view, or food is impossible with mere words! I must mention Ravello since some people do not stop there. It is beautiful and quaint and an absolute must see!

Thank you Domenico, Enrico, and Raffaelo for sharing your beautiful country with us! We will be back!

Dianna, Josh, Bailey, & Brody Hetzel

"great sights"
"nice mercedes van"
"group tour"
in 3 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
"nice tour"
in 77 reviews
"port"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I booked a tour of the Amalfi Coast with stops in Amalfi, Positano and a tour of Pompeii (see my separate review of Pompeii in that section) via Viator and given by Avventura Bellissima. First of all, I can't say enough good things about our driver and guide Max. We were in a small van which only holds 8 people and a family of 6 came with myself and another gent from Oz. The family caused some problems through the day, but Max handled them with such grace! And he was so knowledgeable of the country and history! I learned a lot but he really loved the beauty and reveled in showing us his heritage. Positano is glorious and magical. The ride is breath-taking, Amalfi is charming and it was a trip I would do in a heartbeat again with Max. He was really great, fun and made my trip to Italy. So if you want to do this big day trip, go and book with Max via Avventura Bellissima or Viator. You won't regret it!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

It was my true pleasure to tour the Amalfi coast with Marcello for the second time in four years. I have recommended seesorrento.com with Marcello to several other friends who have equally enjoyed his enthusiasm, professionalism and love of the Sorrento area including Amalfi, Positano and a truly fabulous lunch of all natural delicious products grown in the region. The lunch was an extreme value including 6 or 7 starters, three types of pasta, three different desserts, white and red wine from grapes grown by the family and of course lemoncella as well as two other digestives. He can tailor your tour to include what you want to see. For my money, stick with the all day tour of the breathtaking coast in a leisurely way and skip Pompeii and Capri unless you are going to be in the region for more than one cruise day. Since he meets cruisers right at their ship in Naples, he gets you promptly and you are ahead of the crowds of bus trippers. He has been doing this for years and really knows the area and people.

2  Thank markarnar
Reviewed June 25, 2012

One of the windows on the bus was damaged so it was steamed up, making photography from the vehicle impossible.
That said, the knowledge of the guide and the skill of our driver made the day perfect.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Ciao Domenico!! We were very pleased and grateful with your company in Italy, driving in Florence and Assisi, Naples and Sorrento and tourism along the Amalficoast. Really you're a great driver and took us to see the best of Costa Amalfitana.Seus services were very good and safe car mercedes very good. Totally recommend Domenico Laccarino ny to take you to the place you need, including the Hotel's note 10 for La Favorita where we were very well received. Even going to hire a taxi to the airport when I came to think of Domenico and I contacted him for the transfer. Domenico returned in 15 minutes. 17:30 pm was at the door of the Hotel D 'Inglaterre in Rome 2 mercedes with 2 drivers Piero and David who took us to the airport comfortably. Thank you for the services rendered and for his pleasant company, and all contacts made aravés his wife Lella. Surely if we go back to Italy I will contact Domenico. They can hire you because it is accurate, correct and polite. We had the pleasure of meeting her mother and father in Sorrento. Note 10. Greetings friend. Luciana David from Brazil