“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Taverna di Masaniello

La Taverna di Masaniello
Ranked #20 of 108 Restaurants in Amalfi
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Essex
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This restaurant was booked for us by our private tour guide and it was just the kind of restaurant we would have chosen.
The food was excellent along with excellent service from the friendly staff.
Would strongly recommend the pasta with shellfish. My son would recommend the Tiramisu!
Would strongly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a typical Italian bistro.

• Visited August 2013

Encinitas, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must go there!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I only had one day in this darling town, so I am really glad to say we picked the best restaurant by accident. La tavern di Masaniello is nestled in a corner off of a quaint courtyard. I had one of the best soups yet on this three week trip though Italy. Loaded with fresh veges. I topped it with fresh parmesean cheese, which made it even richer.The pizza was house made to order. Fresh squeezed orange juice was not on the menu, but when we asked if they had it, no problem! The owner pulled about six oranges from the glass refrigerator case and made it for us. Wow! Super friendly staff.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Kim E
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Family Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We ate a terrific lunch here almost everyday we were in Amalfi. It is a warm, welcoming, friendly restaurant with delicious food. My boys inhaled the pizza every day. My daughter ordered the gnocchi with mozzerella sauce, no tomatoes, every day and always received a warm smile and a delicious meal. My husband and I enjoyed the fresh grilled fish of the day. Great food, friendly service, and a cozy atmosphere for a very reasonable price.

• Visited June 2013
Mt Martha, Australia
“Good feed in Amalfi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner at this small, tucked away, bistro up a small alley. The food was lovely and well priced, and the waiters spruiking for customers almost worth the price on its own.
Recommended.

Visited July 2013
“Food reflects beauty and warmth of southern Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Atmosphere was perfect- white walls, beautiful ceramics and a hanging garden at the produce shop next door. Service was warm, friendly and staff took time to explain and recommend - even discuss history and local politics. The food was excellent - the fish fresh, light and flavorful, the fried calamari perfectly seasoned and the gnocchi so fresh and light that I will never be able to eat it back home again - I highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013