“Good pizza, good value”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Good pizza, good value”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife, daughter and I went here for dinner on our first night in Amalfi. We ordered pizza, salad and roast vegetables. Everything was good, though we did need to remind the waiter about the roast vegetables - when they finally arrived they were good. I would go back and actually considered it, but Il Mulino was better though not as convenient.

4 Thank James H

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Dreams of Italy”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stumbled upon this little gem of a restaurant on our first night in Italy. We sat outside, listening to accordians play. Bruschetta and Caprese Salad before us, being served my the most genuine, hard working man. A man named Andre who treated us like family than strangers. The food was outstanding, the wine was delicious but the quality of service raised a bar so high that no one else in Italy could reach. The pizza was the best pizza I had in Italy. Rome, Florence, Venice could not even come close to compare.
Andre invited us back, we had limoncello, we joined him again for dinner. Those dining experiences were the highlight to my entire trip.

7 Thank AmberM718
Arlington, Virginia
“THANK YOU Pietro!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was one of the most enchanting dining experiences I have had on the coast. There are so many places to chose to eat in Almafi and I was only there for one afternoon and wanted to eat at the place the locals love to go, and I was reccomended to Di Mashniello.
I had already spent one week in Italy eating lots of food and this was my second trip to the coast. I had the Spaghetti Bolognese, my friend asked Pietro to choose a seafood dish, and we had Calamari for appetizer. I have never eaten so much pasta in one sitting, it was the freshest pasta and the most divine sauce I have ever had. Pietro was a magnificent chef and host, the older gentleman who helps wait tables was super cute to watch tend to his duties. This was also and extra special dining experience because I had been meaning to purchase some hand painted pottery in the region but had yet to find "the piece," until I decided that if I finish this ginormous plate of pasta, I am buying this plate as my souvenir. Well, it took some negotiating, but all in good fun, and I now have a special plate to add to my collection of fun mementos in my travels. I hand carried this plate home and it has provided with some extra special travels stories for my friends. I hope you enjoy this place as much as I did!!!! Hi Pietro, thank you again, see you next summer!

6 Thank Sandra L
Toronto, Canada
“Best Most Authentic in Amalfi”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Small place just off the beaten path but well worth taking the time to find. Food is amazing and authentic. On our week long stay in Amalfi we ate here 3 separate times and were impressed with each meal. Pastas, pizzas, seafood - everything was terrific......this place should be rated #1 in Amalfi. We tried many other places in our week in Amalfi and nothing was even close to this place.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank TorontoTravel_12
Amalfi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Donna from Canada”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I did not order an appetizer and my husband did. His appetizer arrived at the same time as my main course. His main course came after the waiter was reminded and I had finished eating. There was no apology for this and the service felt brisk and impersonal. The food was fine but not exceptional. We thought this restaurant was not special and over rated.

1 Thank Donna D