“Marvelous! Even on Easter.”

Ristorante La Perla Di Emilio Lucibello
Ranked #46 of 109 Restaurants in Amalfi
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband,daughter and I took a trip to Amalfi over Easter vacation. Sat. evening before Easter day there was a amazing procession from the cathedral down threw the town. All restaurants were closed in respect until the event was over. Along with a large crowd we looked for a restaurant after the event and found La Perla. It was busy but humming with culture. As none of us speak Italian the waiter sent over a young waiter that spoke English. We ordered and had a wonderful meal. The food was delicious!! One of the owners came over to our table and told us how beautiful our daughter was and then as we left she gave our daughter (21) a bottle of their own made Limoncello. I have never experienced such heartwarming welcome in the U.S.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We returned to La Perla having been blown away by it the previous year. This time, the food was excellent as before (best ravioli with lemon sauce I have ever had), but I felt that the staff wern't perhaps quite as charming as I'd remembered. Don't get me wrong, they were still very nice, but......well, I've just stopped short at rating them excellent, but please do give them a try.

1  Thank Val_G_England_1961
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My wife and I both ordered pizza here and it was not good at all. There was barely any cheese and all sauce. When you took a bite everything slid off. No taste at all compared to other Pizza places in Italy. There owner was our waiter and took his sweet old time bringing us our food and drinks. Don't waste your time or money at this place as there are better places to eat.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Visit this restaurant if you like being abused! We (2 couples) walked into La Perla on a busy night. One of our party spoke Italian. Right away, the owner of the restaurant started berating his staff for setting up our table too far away from the neighbouring table (about 12 inches!). The owner then came to take our order, and announced that we all had to order the same meal because they were very busy! We refused to do so, but gave very straightforward orders for simple meals (2 were the same) and a bottle of wine. In Italian, we ordered the side dish of asparagus. Our food arrived soon after, but with spinach. We mentioned that we wanted asparagus, he argued that we had ordered spinach, grabbed the plate and came back a moment later, slammed the plate of spinach and announced that asparagus was off the menu. He spent the remainder of the evening berating his staff, including a heavily pregnant woman, and we noticed that other customers were sending food back or waiting a very long time for their food.
It was a busy night in the restaurant (a tourist trap), but the owner was so unpleasant that he completely ruined any chance of good ambience. His staff should fire him! The food, however, was very good.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Went here with my wife and young son and had a great meal. We tried 3 different dishes for a first go and loved them so much that we actually ordered a fourth meal as dessert :) then had a dessert. The staff was super friendly & we sat & had wine with them until a lot of customers showed up.
It is up a side alley so does not get the tourist hordes which is great.
pros - food, wine, staff, not tourist overrun
cons - your stomach can only hold so much food :)