All reviews rooftop balcony amalfi coast pastries shuttle bus rental car sea view busy road comfortable bed the hotel staff stayed here for nights the cliff renato roads town sunbathing ac
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel Doria for three days as part of a longer stay in Amalfi. I cannot praise it highly enough. The hotel is about 1.5km from the centre of Amalfi but there is a free shuttle bus that runs regularly though the day and up to 10.30pm. We used this every day and it was a great service. The rooms are perfect for a short stay and are immaculately clean. The staff are incredibly helpful and welcoming, plus they speak English which was a big help for us. There was a lovely continental breakfast. Our room had a sea view which was amazing. The hotel itself is on the main road into Amalfi which means that inevitably there is traffic noise, but at night it is quiet. There is a rooftop terrace and the view from there is spectacular.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
evaa1976, Direttore at Hotel Doria, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Thank you very much for your your review, hoping to receive you back again at our hotel
Kindest regards
Booking Department
Hotel Doria

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Delightful stay at Hotel Doria, we visited for five nights using the hotel as an excellent base for visiting Amalfi also surrounding areas. Amalfi town centre is about seven minutes away with the hotels complimentary shuttle. We were in room 7 although small it was comfortable with an amazing spacious private terrace and sea view. See pics. Excellent breakfast included with very helpful friendly staff. We advised them of our early arrival for 10:30 and although the hotel was full we were delighted to find our room available on arrival. They also allowed us to keep our room for a few hours extra on departure. The bus for Bomerano the village to start the walk of the Gods stops outside the hotel, the helpful receptionist advised us on the route with timings, the hotel is on the windy Amalfi road so during the day there is traffic noise with Italian horn hooting, if this is a problem for you remember to take ear plugs. I highly recommend this hotel for an excellent comfortable base it is great value and very well managed.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
evaa1976, Direttore at Hotel Doria, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Dearest Suzanne,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment!
The whole hotel doria' staff is Happy to receive a so sincere review like yours
we hope, seriously, in the nearest future, you come to visit us back again.

a Great kiss by all of us
Sandro, Eva, Ciro, Rosa, Chiara, Andrea, Angela and Renato!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

The rooms are small but that's to be expected. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. The continental breakfast was adequate. There is a nice terrace area on the upper floor that is good for sunbathing, picture taking or having a cocktail while watching the sunset. We had a problem with the air-conditioning and reported it on three different occasions. Each time someone would come up to the room, work with the thermostat and inform us it should be okay now. It never was so after the third time a technician was called but they would not be able to assess the situation until after our scheduled departure.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
evaa1976, Direttore at Hotel Doria, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Dearest Sir, or Madam,
I really apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately sometimes we are subjected to this kind of problems far from our will.
We try to solve in time the inconvenience, however most of times it's impossible to find someone available that could come soon.
We don't have a technician at our disposal 24 hours, so the reason why, we have no possibility to help our guests in time.
I apologize, hoping that upon another time you would like to come back again here at the hotel Doria.
Kindest regards

manager
Booking Office

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at Doria for 3 nights and each day was enjoyable. The rooms were small but clean. Ac worked well, and the patios opened up to an amazing view of the coastline. Ciro, Renato, and Andreas were great and very helpful during our stay. The shuttle into Amalfi was very reliable and well scheduled in advance. This isn’t a luxury hotel, and they don’t advertise that way, so consider Doria a great way to see Amalfi and support a wonderful local business.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
evaa1976, Direttore at Hotel Doria, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind review

Booking Department MGR
and the whole staff of our hotel Doria
Sandro, Ciro, Renato, Angela, Chiara Anadrea

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

One night here within a total of 5 nights on the Amalfi Coast. Choose because of parking availability and closeness to Amalfi. I was driving from Positano and expected to arrive around 11.00am so I had emailed a few weeks ago and they suggested that it would be ok to arrive early , park, take a bus to Amalfi and get their shuttle back, and then check-in. Great. So arrived at 11.30 to be told that room not ready ( I knew, that's fine). So I asked where can I park, "parking is up the road but you cannot park there until 2.00..
There goes My plan as parking non existent elsewhere. I decided to drive further up the road until I came across a Restaurant with parking , have lunch , come back at 2.00.. On the way I passed Doria Hotel parking lot and it only had 1 car in it, fits maybe 10.. So my plans to go to Amalfi messed up because they wouldn't let me use empty parking which I had prearranged. Anyway Hotel was as expected, nothing great but nothing to complain about. Small room which is expected here. Noisy all night but the room is right on the road. Breakfast good. Staff very helpful apart from as mentioned. Avoid room 1 as that is a right above reception and all that is said can be heard.

Date of stay: May 2018

Dear Sir,
I really apologize about your experience in room number one. Effectively is straight to the reception where everything take place: check-in , check-out, people remaining to talk with us about information and, for who is particularly percevaible is not the ideal room to spend a long vacation.
Hoping that you would like to come back to stay with us and we promise in a superior floor, I leave you kindest regards
Booking Department