All reviews rooftop balcony amalfi coast pastries shuttle bus rental car sea view busy road the hotel staff an amazing view renato roads town sunbathing accommodations
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at Doria for 3 nights and each day was enjoyable. The rooms were small but clean. Ac worked well, and the patios opened up to an amazing view of the coastline. Ciro, Renato, and Andreas were great and very helpful during our stay. The shuttle into Amalfi was very reliable and well scheduled in advance. This isn’t a luxury hotel, and they don’t advertise that way, so consider Doria a great way to see Amalfi and support a wonderful local business.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
evaa1976, Direttore at Hotel Doria, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

Thank you very much for your kind review

Eva Anastasio Torre
Booking Department MGR
and the whole staff of our hotel Doria
Sandro, Ciro, Renato, Angela, Chiara Anadrea

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

One night here within a total of 5 nights on the Amalfi Coast. Choose because of parking availability and closeness to Amalfi. I was driving from Positano and expected to arrive around 11.00am so I had emailed a few weeks ago and they suggested that it would be ok to arrive early , park, take a bus to Amalfi and get their shuttle back, and then check-in. Great. So arrived at 11.30 to be told that room not ready ( I knew, that's fine). So I asked where can I park, "parking is up the road but you cannot park there until 2.00..
There goes My plan as parking non existent elsewhere. I decided to drive further up the road until I came across a Restaurant with parking , have lunch , come back at 2.00.. On the way I passed Doria Hotel parking lot and it only had 1 car in it, fits maybe 10.. So my plans to go to Amalfi messed up because they wouldn't let me use empty parking which I had prearranged. Anyway Hotel was as expected, nothing great but nothing to complain about. Small room which is expected here. Noisy all night but the room is right on the road. Breakfast good. Staff very helpful apart from as mentioned. Avoid room 1 as that is a right above reception and all that is said can be heard.

Date of stay: May 2018

Dear Sir,
I really apologize about your experience in room number one. Effectively is straight to the reception where everything take place: check-in , check-out, people remaining to talk with us about information and, for who is particularly percevaible is not the ideal room to spend a long vacation.
Hoping that you would like to come back to stay with us and we promise in a superior floor, I leave you kindest regards
Eva Anastasio Torre
Booking Department
Hotel Doria

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

The drive to the hotel is about 5 kilometers from downtown along windy narrow roads. The hotel provides a shuttle to and from downtown that runs almost hourly with a 6 hour black out period between 10am-4pm, which isn’t a big deal if you are out seeing the sights of the Amalfi Coast

The hotel staff have all been very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished. Most rooms have a spectacular view of the sea from the room and balcony. There is also a rooftop balcony to sit and enjoy the day.

The free morning buffet has a wide selection of food, but no hot items.

The shower was a bit small but it was expected since we are in Europe.

The rooms are right above a street so the mornings get a bit loud with passing cars and their horns. But we didn’t stay here to sleep all day.

This is a great hotel if you plan to be out and about touring the Amalfi Coast. It isn’t the Waldorf or Weston, but a nice place to stay away from the daily bus/boat tour crowds.

WiFi worked great

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
evaa1976, Direttore at Hotel Doria, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Thank you for your kind review.
Kindest regards

manager
and the whole staff

Reviewed October 3, 2017

My wife and I spent a couple of days at Hotel Doria during a last min trip for our Honeymoon. While the accommodations weren't anything to blow you away, the service of one of the staff should be highlighted. Renato was a great staff member and his service was worth highlighting.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
evaa1976, Direttore at Hotel Doria, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Thank you very much for your review.

Kindest regards
manager
and the whole staf

Reviewed September 13, 2017

We have stayed for 2 nights and really happy. Room of decent size with huge terrace and sea view, decent breakfast, very friendly staff, free carpark and frequent shuttle to the town. The only problem was a bit noisy road in front of the hotel.
It ticked a lot of boxes, but was slightly missing X factor and some attention to detail - but still - good choice for Amalfi.

Room tip: room 4 has a very nice terrace
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
evaa1976, Direttore at Hotel Doria, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Thank you very much for your comment.
hoping to receive you back again at our hotel Doria

Eva Anastasio
manager and the whole staff