“Right on the water”
Review of Lo Smeraldino

Lo Smeraldino
Ranked #28 of 115 Restaurants in Amalfi
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Local historical milestone of the Amalfi Restaurant
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We arrived without a reservation, but we're able to get a table on the deck overlooking the marina. Tried the anchovy appetizer which was delicious. Then had the sea bass in lemon sauce. It was so fresh and tasty! Stop in if you want great food with a view.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,514)

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

The food was great, the service also. Best restaurant we’ve been in Italy so far. Thank you so much.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Restaurant seafood pasta was delicious, service was great, unfortunately we were seated in an area with young families and so our enjoyment was overwhelmed by listening to “wheels of the bus” and kids channels on the iPad. Not the restaurants fault but this was my experience, perhaps if you are dining with young ones, this restaurant is perfect.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Recommended by a local, this spot is right on the port, close to the far end of the port road, near the pier parking (best price parking btw). We were pleasantly surprised at the service and location (near the yachts) with many locals and boat parties dining around us on the back terrace, overlooking the port. Vincenzo and Luigi (mgr) were wonderful with service and suggestions. The black pasta/prawn, pizza (visit the open oven inside the restaurant on the way to the bathrooms), wines...well done and well priced for the expensive Amalfi area. Chocolate deserts (all made local) were excellent. This was a good find, slight away from the main, crowded marketplace locations. Park on the pier, west of the restaurant (reasonable per hour cost). Lots of scooter parking along the road, but fills up at night for local strollers and visitors.

Reviewed September 14, 2018

I'd seen a place at the other end of the beach I'd intended to eat as the outlook was amazing. But after I trudged up the hill and asked about gluten-free options the waiter was really unhelpful and dismissive.

I wandered around for a while - to the far end or the marina - and again checked out Trip Advisor's (Restaurants with Gluten Free Options) and amazingly I was just walking past here at the time.

So I went and asked about gluten free (senza glutine) and the waiter was really helpful.They had GF pizza and so forth but I had a chicken kebab type dish with roasted potatoes. I thought it was to come with cherry tomatoes but could have gotten that wrong.

The GF bread roll accompanying my wine was also lovely. A great find and lovely quiet outlook in such a busy spot!