“Unforgettable risotto” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Da Gemma

Da Gemma
Ranked #6 of 108 Restaurants in Amalfi
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Istanbul, Turkey
“Unforgettable risotto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went to Da Gemma after reading the reviews at Tripadvisor. To be honest, I did not expect such a gastronomy feast at all ! I am a frequent traveler and have been to many good restaurants all over the world including fancy Michelin stars. The lemon risotto with shrimps I had here was the best risotto I have had in my life. Not only that, the appetizers and anything you will try will be a good surprise to you. I have tried other restaurants in Amalfi, surely there are couple more nice ones but if you skip Da Gemma, you really will regret it for the rest of your life. No exageration, just go there and thank me later!

• Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
“An unexpected sublime experience...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

My brother and I just ate here last night after multiple local recommendations. The attention from the staff, humility of the Chef and then of course, the art of the food...impeccable. We had a local specialty, paccheri, filled with spinach and cheese, with a seafood sauce that enhanced the pasta with a nice note. Also an antipasti which included melt-in-your mouth prosciutto atop this amazing ricotta cream cheese. The highlight for me was grilled mozzarella wrapped in a lemon leaf, which intensified the cheese with an earthy lemon fragrance. For main course my bro had the local snapper which was whole baked in a salt crust, served with diced potatoes. I had the tuna seared with balsamic reduction, accompanied by couscous which was interlaced with pumpkin puree. There was great harmony and balance of all flavors, without steering too far from traditional Amalfitani cuisine. Innovative, and I could tell a lot of love goes into this art. Truly we had no room left for dessert, but they graciously offered us a sampler of mini cookies and limoncello to complete this experience. Hope we can go back again soon!

New York City, New York
“Solid Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Recommended to us by friends, and all in all, we had a very good experience. Both the staff and service were terrific. The mixed fish ceviche sampler was truly outstanding. The rest of our meal - pasta di nonna and poached sea bass - was very good, though admittedly not anything exceptional.

• 3 of 5 stars
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely view of bustling Amalfi and tip top food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We spotted Da Gemma when strolling looking for a restaurant and immediately seized the opportunity to take a terrace table looking over the bustling town of Amalfi. This is traditional Italian with traiditional food and we received a warm welcome, niblets and an explanation of the menu and wine card. My veal was absolutely outstanding and my wife commented that the Pasta was the best we had ever eaten. FInished off by lovely Italian Ice Cream, we left vowing to come back and recommended this as one of the top restaurants in Amalfi wher you can combine excellent food and wine with the Amalfi sunset and at very reasonable prices too

• Visited July 2013
Newcastle and Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Da Gemma's is a gem! Excellent service and really good traditional food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We hadn't booked a table( advisable) so we were lucky to get in. We chose the 4 course traditional menu at 55 euros a head- not cheap but worth it if you haven't eaten all day! We were given a tasty little pre - starter to get the appetite going and then the double starter of anchovies stuffed with mozzarella on freshly chopped tomatoes and also parmigiana melanzane. This was followed by Nonna Gemma's famous pasta dish with slow cooked beef a la genovese. Then an enormous seafood casserole with squid/ prawns/ crayfish/ mussels / clams and more in a rich tomato sauce. Finally an unusual dessert of aubergine tart with chocolate and buffalo milk ice cream. Everything was delicious- it's only a personal thing but the pasta tubes were a little too al dente for us. Atmosphere attentive and friendly- not pretentious.