“Not pleased”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Reggio Calabria
Palos Verdes Estates, California, United States
“Not pleased”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here for one night before going to Sicily. The bed was so hard, I don't think we slept for more than an hour. I know it was January, but the whole experience gave me the creeps. Couldn't wait to check out. The restaurant was pretty boring too! It was clean however, and the clerk did try to help us with the ferry to Messina.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 609PatriciaS

WEBSTER
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in Sept. It is literally 2 blocks from the train station, but a bit tricky at night. I wasn't completely comfortable on that street at night, cause it's on a side street away from all the activity.
It is 2 blocks from via Garibaldi where the shops, restaurants, cafes and gelato shops are located. It is also 2 blocks from the promenade along the water, a lovely sight.
We had a clean room, it was small with shuttered windows that open to the street. The shower was so small you could not bend over to wash your feet and there was mold in the shower. So the next morning I went down and tried in the worst Italian you could imagine, that we were not happy with our room. Domenico at the front desk immediately went to work finding us a different room and what a room it was. It was 2 floors, the bathroom was on the 1st floor and the bedroom was upstairs. the room was actually a room for 4-5 occupants. It was very roomy. The only issue was getting up during the night to go down 2 flights of stairs for the bathroom. We mentioned that a lightbulb was out in the bathroom and that was taken care of the immediately.
Breakfast in is the restaurant attached to the hotel. It was a decent breakfast with assorted breads, cheese, ham, yougurt, boxed cereals, fresh fruit, hard-boiled eggs and pastries. It was the 1st time I saw oranges. In the evening we were able to get tea and ice, as front desk would take care of that for us. We did not eat in the restaurant so I can't attest to the food.

there is an elevator and air conditioning. Beds are comfortable.
This hotel is OK for a short stay but I wouldn't stay for longer than 2 nights. There are no other hotels in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ravioli39
Seattle, WA
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed for two nights at Albanuova Hotel in August of 2012.

Staff: The staff was overall friendly. The gentleman who checked us in and worked afternoons and evenings (maybe the evening manager?) was so friendly and professional. The other staff was also friendly but seemed much more easily stressed out.

Pros: Very clean, comfortable room. Super calm and quiet street. AC, TV, WiFi all worked great. Location is wonderful. Food was delicious (both breakfast and dinner -- we had half pension).

I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return when I return to Reggio.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelingPenguin
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Arrived early and no problem with getting checked-in. Hotel staff very nice and professional. Rooms beautiful and clean. Breakfast and dinners very good. Within walking distance of train station, shops, restaurants, waterfront. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Mansfield, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel last week and have to commend the staff. From the friendly front desk clerks who printed our boarding passes, provided me with a borrowed international electric plug so I could charge my phone and computer, and patiently answered all our questions. The restaurant staff made perfect coffee and were eager to practice their English, the housekeeper fixed my shower head after I failed to figure out how to get better water pressure. Very clean, great location!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Valletta, Malta
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I was really surprised about the friendliness of the staff and how important they make you feel.Even though I cannot speak italian, they made sure they understood me, even by signs.
I liked the room so much, I even took pics of it to show my family back home, very spacious and clean. I loved the bathroom very hygenic in every way.
The room service was great in the space of 5 minutes you get what you want with a smile. The train station and busses and shops are just a walk away nothing is to far away. Thankyou staff of Albanuova you were great

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Malta
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We had the pleasure at staying at your hotel on the 3rd June to the 6th June.
We must admit that it was a real pleasure staying at your spotlessly clean hotel.
The location of the hotel was brilliant very central close to the train station and walking distance to all the shops and bars restaurant and
interesting places.

From the minute we arrived at the airport (we booked the transfer fro the Hotel) we were treated like Vip.
Upon arrival at the hotel we were given a clean spacious room even though we arrived early in the morning-
the staff greeted us with a big smile and attended to all our needs without hesitation.

We would like to thank all the staff with a special mention to Pietro,Domenico,Martina,Tania and all the rest of the staff.
Our stay was wonderful due to all these people.
We certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to fell welcome in Reggio Calabria.
We definitely did get all the attention necessary to make one’s stay as enjoyable as possible.
If ever we go to Reggio Calabria Albanuova will certainly be the hotel of our choice.

A Big thank you to all,