“Dinner at R Calabria Bella, Cosenza”
Review of Calabria Bella

Calabria Bella
Ranked #17 of 280 Restaurants in Cosenza
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a lovely evening at this restaurant, situated to the side of the main entrance to the cathedral in the Old City. The food was simply delicious. The pasta is freshly made as are all the dishes, and our Calabrian Antipasta was exceptional: we shared one plate. The house wine (red) was well worth 5 euros for a half-litre although the extensive wine list was seductive and wines were reasonably priced. The restaurant has great atmosphere and the two brothers running it were helpful, polite and generous. We stumbled across the place by accident and can honestly recommend it as an excellent place to dine out inexpensively. Our total bill came to 42 euros rounded down to 38 and the hosts threw in a lovely cocktail. We would certainly return there.

1  Thank Michael0nh0liday

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We ate here three days in a row after stumbling upon it in the old town centre. The hospitality was particularly warm and the food was equally impressive. Lots of local dishes- I tried the wild boar with pasta the first night and the wild boar casserole the second night. Both were delicious. There was a good mixture of local specialities but also pizza and classic pasta dishes. Really good puddings too and a very extensive wine list which I believe were all Calabrian.
What's more it was very well priced with a prompt service and was clearly popular with the locals.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

A wonderful restaurant. I got a big plate of delicious spaghetti with tomato & basil. The hazelnut ice cream was great. And I was offered a drink of limoncello on the house. Very friendly service and a very warm family feel about the place, which is located right next to the Duomo. I spent 6 weeks travelling Italy and this restaurant would certainly be up with my best food experiences.

Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I was in Cosenza when the entire town has a holiday. Thankfully there was Calabria Bella at Piazza Duomo as every other restaurant or pizzeria was closed.

The hotel offered us free 1l red white & Tartuffo pizza (which is a delicious ice cream).

Loved the gnocchi so much that we returned for dinner for the same. A must try is their caprese mozzarella! Bestest I hv tasted on all Italy!!!

Lovely al fresco dining next to the Cathedral. Beware of mosquitoes if you are allegric to them like me.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Located in the historical center (wonderful position) it's a cozy place with clear intentions.. It means you wouldn't expect sofisticated combination of ingredients just traditional recipies abundant, tasty and cheap.
My work colleague (used to touristic restaurants) remained satisfied by the overall offer service.
Surprisingly they offer you a high selection of wines helping you also on the selection per grapes and area.
what else?