We were thrilled with our accommodations in Matera. Yes, it was a cave carved into the side of a hill and front the front of our cave we could see acrtoss the valley to other caves on the other side of the Sassi. Perfect English was spoken here and the owners were knowledgeable about the area, area restaurant and the history of the rregion. What a great place. Probably the most memorable experience. BUT you have to be able to walk up and down stairs in Matera though Locanda has an elevator. I would go back in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Locanda di San Martino lies in the heart of Matera's Sassi Historical District, and at the same time it is conveniently located at a very short distance (100 meters) from the city center. The Locanda radiates outward from the deconsecrated church of San Martino and the street of the same name, through a series of balconies that enjoy a sunny exposure and a wonderful view of the Sasso Barisano. There are twenty-two guest rooms situated on four levels, renovated with the greatest care in order to respect their original forms as single homes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Locanda di San Martino - Hotel e Thermae reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Locanda San Martino Matera
- Hotel Locanda San Martino