We stayed 1 night in November and everything about this hotel and Matera was simply wonderful. The staff were welcoming and helpful especially when it came to parking the car which for $15 was a bargain! We stayed in room 23, a unique room with an amazing view of the Sassi, was stylishly furnished, comfortable and most of all very clean - by the way fabulous water pressure in the shower! The breakfast was to die for.
We had dinner at Osteria Pico which is only a very short walk from the hotel. This was recommended by the hotel and we can say was one of the best meals we have had in the world and we have been fortunate enough to travel extensively.
Our only regrets were that we only stayed one night and that we didn't bring our bathers (being November we expected it to be cold and wet) as the spa and thermae looked sensational.
We couldn't recommend this hotel enough and look forward to staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Locanda di San Martino lies in the heart of Matera's Sassi Historical District, and at the same time it is conveniently located at a very short distance (100 meters) from the city center. The Locanda radiates outward from the deconsecrated church of San Martino and the street of the same name, through a series of balconies that enjoy a sunny exposure and a wonderful view of the Sasso Barisano. There are twenty-two guest rooms situated on four levels, renovated with the greatest care in order to respect their original forms as single homes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Locanda di San Martino - Hotel e Thermae reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Locanda San Martino Matera
- Hotel Locanda San Martino