“Blown Away”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Milky Way
“Blown Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

As beautiful as Matera is, this restaurant is the reason I really enjoyed the visit, and why we decided to stay an extra 3 days. I am in love with this place, and the people who run it. The flavors are painted with love across your taste buds and all senses will indulge. Meals are quite light and satisfying, the most healthy and delicious I've found on my travels. It is really a magical restaurant, I am looking forward to returning again and again.

To add to all the deliciousness and love, you get incredible views indoors or outside! Inside is comfortable, with magnificent art and lighting. Outside you have a private, quiet seat with a spectacular view of Matera.

A beautiful experience, I reminisce almost every day since I've left Matera.

• Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Creative chef, great concept, excellent host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I would never usually write a review, but I want to support what these bright and creative chefs are doing. We are not vegetarian, but enjoyed a delicious meal at a good price in one of the caves. An authentic experience in a good location.

When we arrived, we immediately trusted the chef to prepare whatever he recommended. He brought us a fantastic antipasto of courgette spaghetti, followed by a fantastic quinoa, bulgar main course. They were hugely passionate about raw veganism and took the time to explain everything clearly.

We left feeling that it is a shame such talent is not supported more. Go and visit for a great meal in a really off the beaten track place.

• Visited June 2013
leicester
“Many things to discover in Matera, this place is one of them”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Real surprise, i enjoyed everything i tried, all vegan but you can't tell. The black rice was delicious. I want to know how they make this stuff. Great atmosphere, great surroundings with abstract art work. Well looked after by the host. Great selection of foods, fine ingredients. Tasty, nutritious food at a good price.Based in a wonderful city, this is a great find.

• Visited May 2013
Vienna, Austria
“Great food - great chef!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a wonderful lunchtime at Il Planeta Verde! The food was fresh and very good. We got to try new kinds of pasta but it was definetly worth that we trusted the suggestions of the chef. The wine whe recommended was delicious as well.
You should try it!!! Definetly!

• Visited March 2013
Vilnius, Lithuania
“Excellent dinner, excellent host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've never expected to find vegetarian restaurant in the middle of Italy. You know how italians are conservative regarding food (only right food is grandma's food).

Host was really nice, took great care of us. And even gave us present - a bottle of really good wine. And of cause dinner was excellent.

Thanks! And really check out the place and keep vegetarian philosophy running.

p.s. I am not vegetarian by myself, but still I do appreciate what the owner is doing and standing for.

• Visited December 2012