Open today: Closed
Book In Advance
Tours from Abruzzo With Gusto tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews food tour local food gelato porchetta truffle hunt knowledgeable guide pizza salami walking tour winery tour from start to finish local shops few weeks wine tasting short drive second to none great guide
Selected filters
Reviewed October 26, 2018

The food tour with Hannah from Abruzzo with a Gusto was absolutely brilliant! From the first meeting with Hannah she made us feel warm and welcomed. It was very interesting to learn about the local food and how it was made and the local traditions as well. We went at a steady pace and had lots to eat!! So make sure you have an empty tummy at the start. Also I would recommend taking a bottle of water with you even though we were given a drink but it wasn’t until near the end of the tour. We would highly recommend this food tour with Hannah. Thank you for a lovely time in Pescara.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

Finding Anna was the best thing to happen when I was planning my trip to Abruzzo, and Pescara specifically. Anna did so much extra work for us helping us find and plan accommodation, dining, tour, etc. She contacted us the day we left to find a special almond we wanted, we could not find - she did not want us to leave without it! Her knowledge of the area and local food is amazing. Each establishment she took us into greeted us all very warmly and were happy to see us. Food samples were very adequate. The tour was fantastic. The next day we went back to all of those shops to purchase more items. But Anna's willingness to help in other ways, outside of the tour, is simply amazing and heart warming. She really loves what she does and she is very very good at it. We look forward to contacting her again in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

Anna was an informative and knowledgeable guide. She warmly welcomed our group and introduced us to the most delicious local specialties from a variety of shops throughout Pescara. Anna was generous with her knowledge and gave restaurant suggestions as well as where to buy the best quality produce in Abruzzo.
I would thoroughly recommend this tour.

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

my cousin and I had decided to book this tour and bring our local relatives with us. it was fabulous. we all had a great time. the food was fabulous. our relatives had a great time too and were very impressed with the experience. Thank you Anna for a great day, great food and great company.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

A group of 11 of us booked a winery tour in the Abruzzo region with Anna. We were picked up at our location in Loreto Aprutino and taken to 3 wineries. First was Rabasco, which was a natural wine producer in Pianella. The story of how they make the wine was incredible. The wine tasted wonderful and the food/snacks they provided were perfect and plentiful. The views were gorgeous. After that was a little bit of a larger winery called Nestore Bosco. Although a little larger, the winery still had a quaint, family feel to it. The wine was wonderful and the hosts as charming as can be. Last, but not least, was a stop at a small agriturismo for lunch, Le Nostre Radici in Nocciano. Our host, Rosella, created a lunch the likes of which I have never seen or tasted before. Most of the food was created from her own farm, even the bread was made with heritage grain flour grown on the farm. The presentation was hands down the best food presentation I have ever seen. It didn't stop at the presentation though - the taste was amazing. Rosella and her family take great pride in their food and wine. When we ate most of the food on the table, we were thinking the lunch was done and we were all full beyond belief - but it turns out there were two more courses coming. In spite of being the fullest I have ever been, I had to eat the other two courses. Wow, what a place! We were then driven back to Loreto Aprutino. What an absolutely perfect day! I'd like to do this exact tour again when I return with my (adult) children.

1  Thank Jack S