“Charming boutique hotel”
Review of Victoria Hotel

Victoria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Pescara
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a small boutique hotel on a side street and a short walk to the seafront and shopping centre. There is a pharmacy opposite and supermarket next door. Spaces are reserved for parking and the hotel staff park the car for you.

The rooms are clean and comfortable although a little basic but very well serviced. There is a flat screen tv and minibar. Breakfast is good and coffee excellent. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff who greet you enthusiastically and are unfailingly charming, attentive and helpful. There is some noise from the street below on the balcony sides but not obtrusive. I have to mention the showers with a choice of water jets which are excellent. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our family of 6 had a fantastic overnight stay at this welcoming, modern establishment. We were greeted by Fabio -who should be awarded "best conceige in the world". Nothing was too much trouble for Fabio, no question too small or too irrelevant. The hotel is in a great location -near the piazza and beach. We were all given a welcome drink by a refreshing pleasant attendant. The rooms were impeccably clean and the kids loved the shower jets. And we enjoyed free wi .fi in the rooms, complementary slippers and a lovely satisfying breakfast. This is the friendliness place we have ever stayed at in the world. We wish we could have stayed longer. Do yourself a favour stay here when next in Pescara. Give Fabio our love.

Room Tip: Rooms sleep 3. If larger travelling party you may need more than one room. Don't hesitate - tak...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tanya D
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Had a one night stop here and it was a very nice place to be. Welcome drink on arrival was a nice touch.

The really helpful chap on reception can talk a fair bit but went out of his way to make us feel welcome.

Rooms were great, clean and everything you could need.

Wasn't happy with the service at the restaurant the hotel recommended but the food was good. (No fault of Victoria Hotel though.)

Great location, 5 minute walk to beach.

If you are going to Pescara this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My first observation was the warm welcome we received by the staff and management. Throughout our stay we were made to feel at home and the staff were very helpful on all local information. Although not situated on the beach front, the beach was only a very short walk through the square. We truly enjoyed the dinning experience at their restaurant, which was situated on the top level of another hotel over looking the beach. The food and location was so good we went twice.
Although the bedroom was small, the overall experienced out weighed this small drawback. We were particularly impressed by the manner of the proprietor of the Victoria hotel.

Room Tip: The side rooms or first floor do not have balconies.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I echo everything the chap below who got here via bus from Rome said.

Tonight is our last night here, and I have NEVER stayed in a hotel where the staff have been even close to as helpful and friendly as the staff here.

Hotel very good in just about every way, but the staff are so good I'm almost worried I've checked in to a Twilight Zone hotel, and something horrible will happen when we try to check out tomorrow :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Bobby_F100
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I visited Pescara for the second time on business, and the first time stayed at the Victoria. The reservations were made for me, I checked out the reviews on TA and had high expectations. In short, they were all met. Touching down at Rome's Fiumincino airport, transferred by what turned out to be a three hour car ride, I was greeted by a very courteous receptionist who spoke French, English and German surprisingly fluently (trust me, I checked it out!). The hotel is nestled in a side street just a stonethrow from the town square, with shops all over the place (a Tigre supermarket just next door) and opposite a house in the most beautiful flowers flowing down its walls....Ah, Italia!
The room was on the top floor facing the street, which can be a little noisy even until the whee hours. It featured a small balcony facing south, so you could do your tanning and watch the street life without ever leaving your room. The bed was king size and comfy, airco of course, and the (small) bathroom featured a state-of-the-art shower compartment. Minus: the wifi connection only worked for a couple clicks in the room, then I had to reset my wifi on my iPad and laptop. E-mail on my iPhone worked, though. Channels on the small TV were all in Italian, except the Late Night show on RAI 5 and BBC world news, so I felt like, as the Polish say, "Niemecz" (people that cannot talk, or Germans...). There also was a desktop computer on the desk in my room, which obviously did not serve any purpose, as it could not be switched on.
Breakfast the next morning was a buffet featuring several home-made cakes, croissants, fruits and stuff, and the waiter would make you coffee and eggs any way you would possibly want. Ah, Italia!
On checking out after three glorious days, the guy at the receptionk owing that I had a four hour bus trip ahead of me, suppliedme with a bottleof water and urged me to help myself at the buffet. Ah, Italia!
I am sorry, I may sound a little more enthousiastic tan usual, and I did not even mention the fact that you had to press the buttons at the elevator three times before it decided moving you to your floor. Maybe they fed me too much fish, wine and rastafia, so I may have been a little more forgiving on the details. However, this is THE hotel to consider when in Pescara. Trust me, this is a gem, a true pearl!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gebo18
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The staff is very friendly and they try to accommodate the potentially awkward parking situation. The hotel bathroom and balcony were both very nice and modern. The location is excellent but getting to the hotel with a car can be awkward -- call in advance. Once you find the place, they are very cool about the parking situation and will treat you with class, moving your car for you and positioning it so that you can come and go easily.

My room was small but it had a very nice view and balcony, and an excellent bathroom with a borderline luxury shower.

The luxury wellness centre is not really luxury, nor is it a wellness centre. It is basically a simple 1-3 person steam room and sauna located in the basement of the hotel. It isn't mentioned on checkin, you have to find it on your own, and it has to be reserved an hour in advance (so that they can turn it on). They need to improve this aspect of the hotel because it is not in line with the otherwise classy experience this hotel provides.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo