“Worn, but things that matters was good”
Review of Hotel Carlton

Hotel Carlton
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Pescara
“Worn, but things that matters was good”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Clean towles, pillow cases and new bathroom supply daily. Nice breakfast buffet with selection. Friendly staff. Great location for beatch and shopping. You will need an ear plugg because of the noise from the A/C unit AND do not expect Wi-Fi inn all rooms at all time! Never the less, all in all - good value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The hotel is well located however the service at the front desk by the guy was so rude.We asked him for restaurant recommendations he said eat at the hotel and gave us no options we latter ask one of his co workers who helped us. I had to ask him to changed the reservation for latter and he gave me a dirty look my wife needed help with a phone number again the sam attitude. To top it of he told me that i had to pay for parking for 2 cars of which i only had one this however was corrected.
I was happy that we only stayed one night and i disappointed i stayed there having looked on trip adviser.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RobertMPerth

Travelers are raving about these Pescara hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The location is perfect. The beach is beautiful and the ocean view room on the top floor on the corner which has 2 windows is really great. The rooms are so small its ridiculous. I traveled alone but did not want to be cramped in a single room and constantly bump into the wall to put on my shoes. So i thought getting the double room would be bigger... i was sadly mistakn as the room was a little bigger but not by much. The bed is very comfortable, the bathroom is nice an the overall room was very clean. There are no instructions of how to use the telephone. So i called down to the front desk and they said dial 0 then the number... i did tht and it didnt work... so i called the front desk again and he rudely told me tht someone would be up in a few minutes... i waited for the "few" 20 mijutes and nobody... so i took a shower and heard someone knock once i yelled hold on and went to answer the door but nonody was there. When i was done with my shower i called the front desk and in a terse tone he told me that someone knocked and there was no answer. The guy finally came after 4 tries got the phone to work. The armoire in the room was locked and i couldnt open it. So once again i had to call the rude guy at the front desk... he tells me to turn the key... im not stupid it wont open... so the maintenance huy comes up and pushes and pull foe a few minutes then voilla open se§ame. There is no do not disturb sign for the door its just a button... i pressed the button and went for a jog... wen i came back housekeeping was in my room cleaning. Nothing that i noticed was missing. In order to get the air to work the front desk has to turn it on but u have no control what so ever over it. They set the temperature, the level and when it comes on. I met some friends out and about and one had to use the bathroom when i got to the hotel... so i offered them to use my bathroom. The night shift front desk spoke not a lick of english... not even basic. So me and my friends proceed to the elevator to my room and he is trying to stop us askn if the room was booked for all of us... how rude!!! I explained that they were only using the tiolet and he is busy trying to look up my reservation and the amount of people. So everytime more than one people walk in are they going to look up the info to see if 2 peopleare on the reservation??!!
I would never in my life stay at this hotel. Then ther r only 2 outlets for charging phone or comouter... i was by my self and tht was not enough. And they were in incinvenient locations like by the door and in the bathroom. Ugh...

Room Tip: If u do stay here request the ocean view room on the corner so yu can get 2 windows it really bright...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed March 14, 2012

My wife and I elected to spend two nights in Pescara over a long weekend and chose the Hotel Carlton based on price and reviews. The hotel was very nice. I wouldn't call it plush, but it was clean and the staff extremely cordial and friendly (and they spoke excellent English). The double room was large enough and the bed more comfortable (i.e., less hard) than most we've experienced in Italy. The bathroom was a bit small and there was no high hook for the shower head (on flexible hose) so you had to hold it up to rinse yourself. Pescara was a bit chilly while we were there and we both appreciated the warmth of the hotel in the common spaces and rooms. The breakfast was excellent - not just continental, but included eggs and bacon. And, to my delight it remained stocked all the way up till the 10:00 AM closing time - that was impressive. Fresh croissants were brought out just 15 or 20 minutes before breakfast ended. The hotel is right across the street from the sea and it was awesome to be able to look out over the beach and see all the folks jogging, cycling, walking and even roller blading down the main street. There are many restaurants within walking distance. You can elect to pay 15 euro a night for parking, but there is free 24-hour parking on the street in front and if you are patient you can snag a spot and not have to move your car unless you want to go further than the town of Pescara. We noticed that the parking opened up a lot from about 9:00 PM during our first night there (a Friday). For the price, we were very satisfied and if we return to Pescara, this would probably be the hotel we check first for availability.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sheiksan
Reviewed November 26, 2011

The Hotel Carlton in Pescara is very well located in Pescara on the beach promenade. So for summer holiday stay with intention to swim: very good choice. You can reach Pescara by train easily (12 min. walk to Hotel) or by plane. I flew in with Ryanair from Frankfurt Hahn/Germany. The Citybus is cheap and takes you right in the center in 20 minutes. The Hotel offers seaview rooms. The quality is good standard but dont expect excitement. In september the season is ending, so the rommprices decrease but the sea still invites you for a swim. You have to pay for the beach or you turn right and walk 200 meters to the public part of pescara beach. The promenade offers a good choice of bars and restaurants. the breakfast is good but not special served in the hotels restaurant. there is no need to check the food in the hotel, so just walk around and choose the restaurant you like.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank FlorianHans
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2011

This is a great hotel in the center of Pescara. The rooms are clean and the staff is really friendly. The morning breakfast was always full of food with a lot of sweets. The location is perfect too.....across the street from the beach.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the beach side if you like a scenic view. If you prefer more quite stay then g...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Pier066
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Carlton not knowing much about the hotel but by just going on the description from the Booking.com website. It was fantastic! My room had a direct view to the beach which you can just imagine. I woke up well and had the most fantastic breakfast i have ever had in Italy. My gratitude to Mr Patrick at the reception who from the very onset of my stay made me feel welcome and was very helpful with my numerous questions. I will certainly be back before the year is over.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo