“Delicious”

Ristorante De Gustibus
Ranked #136 of 624 Restaurants in Pescara
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Unendo diversi ingredienti come l'esperienza professionale e culinaria ultra quarantennale della signora Lina e lo spirito innovatore e fresco di suo figlio Andrea e dell'amico Federico nasce "De Gustibus". Un cocktail di antichi sapori riscoperti e valorizzati con eleganza e innovazione il tutto in un ambiente raffinato e moderno ma che conserva le basi della tradizione tipica abruzzese.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

While on my trip to Italy with my family, I came across a restaurant that looked very inviting, so we went in. The service was excellent and the food was amazing, they have menus in different languages, and also the owner speaks English .If I ever go to Italy again, I will definitely go to this restaurant.

4  Thank DawnMarie L

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Great location, amazing food, fast and friendly service, and good selection. Has an option to eat there or get it to go. I wanna go back again!!!!

3  Thank Amanda4561
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were traveling throughout the area on vacation and read the great reviews for this restaurant and said we have to go find it and eat there! What an amazing find this was. From the minute we walked in we knew we made the correct choice. The Eggplant parmiggiana was the best I have ever had and you know it was made with love. The restaurant was clean modern and had new beautiful outdoor area. The biggest plus was the staff, warm friendly and they speak English!!! Andrea was so nice and friendly, very accommodating to our needs he even told us about other places to go see and eat at while we were visiting the surrounding areas. I suggest highly if you are anywhere near De Gustibus its in Pesara, go eat enjoy!

4  Thank Christy S
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I just wanted to say I recently visited the Ristorante De Gustibus whilst on Holiday with my family - the restaurant is modern, chic and spotless! The food we had was amazing made with fresh pasta and locally sourced ingredients... the stuffed squidand veal stew is also not to be missed!

I cannot recommend this restaurant enough and also thank I think his name was Andrea for his amazing hospitality and service.

An amazing evening sad to be going home - but will be back...

4  Thank Lewis L
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We went to De Gustibus on the strength of other TA reviews - number 2 favourite in Pescara at the time of writing - and thought we must have found the wrong restaurant. We were expecting something special given the many high ratings and were somewhat disappointed. It's more of a café really for very casual dining - fine for lunch as many reviewers say but lacks the ambience and style I would expect for dinner.

There was nothing particularly wrong with the food but it's the kind of place with photos of the dishes on the menu. Wide ranging Italian menu and what seems like one of the few restaurants in Pescara to list meat based dishes rather than than just fish and seafood. We had the spaghetti which was firmer than al dente, chicken and chips, and seafood risotto which was fine. Very limited wine list but not expensive.

Service was friendly and helpful with good English. Ambiance was very basic and café style. Reviewers need to be a bit more discriminating. There was no way this food was "awesome".

2  Thank DavidH21
lestat31, Proprietario at Ristorante De Gustibus, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Mr. Davidh21, I answer to your review because obviously accept constructive criticism, maybe you expected for dinner to find an environment with liveried waiters and a pianist playing in the background, probably paying 100 Euros per person and not 20 u also found them ..... seems pretty questionable for you to talk environment of our restaurant, when the girl who was with you (probably your daughter) ate spaghetti bolognese with hands.... with all the other people in the restaurant watched and laughed. thank you for calling my English is good, but if you had been more careful you would have seen that the menu was written in English and French ...