We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valencia City
Hotel de Susana and Restaurant
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Considering that this a Hotel on the country side, for away from the big cities Davao and CDO I was amazed. The rooms are clean and the beds are good. AC is cold, and every room has a big refrigerator (a real one, not only a small hotel sized). The all have cable TV and free internet. The restaurant is...well...it's okay but don't expect too much. I only had breakfast and it was absolutely not good but I could life with that. Other then the breakfast, I don't think that you'll be able to find a better Hotel in Valencia City as of now.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Aron77

Reviewed May 6, 2013

It's a small hotel but cozy. The guards are polite and will always open the door for you. The reception desk staff are helpful and courteous. The room is clean and the bed is okay. Lobby is cozy where you can relax and talk. Coffee shop/restaurant is clean and service is good. I have been satisfied with the service though our rooms were not clean for few days. Breakfast is free and there's number of selections. Our stay in the hotel was very satisfactory.

It would be a good idea if they would have a nice landscaping around the hotel that the guests could walk around a little bit and get some fresh air. This would attract more guests to the hotel.

To all the staff of Hotel de Susana, thank you.

Room Tip: Please get a room on the second floor to have a better view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank gina o
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I have to walk a few meters from the main road to reach the hotel entrance. The guard opened the door for me and greeted, also, the front desk staff greeted me. They gave me a room near the lobby. The room was not using key cards to open. The size of the room was medium and had 2 beds. The closet doors were defective and made some noise every time I opened. There were too many hangers for clothes. The bathroom was not small. No shampoo was found and hotel staff did not offered one. No light switch near the bed, can only be found near the room entrance door. They had a CRT TV, a bulky monitor. Some flapper of air conditioned unit were broken. The next day, I asked to clean the room. Free plated breakfast was given to me, not buffet. Most of the staff were hospitable. The hotel was far from the city and barely got mobile phone signal. I didn't get wifi signal inside the room. I rode on a tricycle from the main road to city proper. When I returned, the soap was still the same and was not replenished, i still have to ask for it. The front desk staff charged me when i checked out for exceeding the number of hours from 12nn, i was not even in the room since 8am. They didn't even called me that they will charged the excess hours. Really inconsiderate.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank ordinarywty
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Sleeping @ Hotel de Susana is of great comfort, from their soft bed to their large tub, where one can enjoy and can experience a spa treatment of your own. With a scented oil, and body scrub, your done. Breakfast is free, but it's just fair. A very typical one... Experience their room accommodation, perfect for your relaxation...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank gplihaylihay
Reviewed July 29, 2012

After reading the one review here for this hotel, I thought I would stay here only as a last resort on our drive back home to General Santos City. However, we had quite a different experience from the preceding reviewer. We stayed at five other well-rated hotels on our 6 day trip in Mindanao, and we liked this hotel best of all. The hotel is good looking, the rooms were good, and staff members were very helpful. They immediately took care of a problem with the drain in our sink. My wife didn't like the fact that the door going out onto the balcony of our second floor room would not lock, so we were immediately given another room. The lobby/restaurant area is attractive, and we all got a free plate breadfast in the morning. The front of the hotel is not attractive, being an unlandscaped field probably owned by someone else. There is no elevator, which though was a common fact for the hotels in Mindanao where we stayed. There is a parking area for for only 5 cars, though there is parking on the road going to the hotel. When I arrived, there was a meeting in the hotel and all the places in this small parking area were taken. However, several hours later, the security guard came to my room to say that one of the parking places was free. These problems \were unimportant when it came to our liking this hotel.
Right across this hotel is the modern Hotel Valencia. We went there first, and were shown a room, but we learned this was the only one room available and we needed two rooms. They sent us across the street to the Hotel de Susana, where we liked staying. The Hotel Valencia though seems to be a good choice to stay too. Though the rooms were more expensive there.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Michael_Spencer_12
Reviewed June 21, 2011

pros: average interior and room size, strong hot/cold water supply, so-so food, price ok
cons: - unfriendly and untrained hotel front desk,
- no internet access (they have a wireless router but u cant connect to the internet, staff will just say that the connection is stable!?!)
- annoying beeping of a smoke detector inside the bedroom,
- useless service telephone, cant call staff, phone is always on hang
- morning staff are still sluggish, instead of greeting you a "good morning" a frown face will greet u.
- staff are noisy at night they love to chat as if they're in their own place.
- comfort room does not have exhaust fan, room smells like an old wet cloth.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
0 mi away
Double M Hotel
Double M Hotel
#2 of 8 in Valencia City

Been to Hotel de Susana and Restaurant? Share your experiences!