Mandeville Hotel
  • Pool
$100
$97
  • Beachfront
Melia Braco Village(Rio Bueno)(Great Value!)
$636
$473
Melia.com
Taino Cove(Treasure Beach)
TripAdvisor
Marblue Villa Suites(Treasure Beach)
TripAdvisor
Sunset Resort & Villas(Treasure Beach)
TripAdvisor
Treasure Beach Hotel(Treasure Beach)
TripAdvisor
All reviewschickenenjoyed my stayexcellent customer servicejamaican dishesjamaican coffeeeventcapitaldjstressresidevenuemanagementkingstonsheetscountry
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Hello to all staff,
Because of the world economic problems and its effect on Alparts production I do not expect to return to do work at Alpart. Over the last 6 years I have made your hotel my Jamaican home. I would always be greeted at the front desk with a smile and a conversation that would make me feel special, thank you. To the staff in the dining room, I would always gain weight, thank you for the great meals and service. To the guy's who tended the bar, I thank you for your time spent serving me and putting up with me, I loved the music. To all the housekeeping staff, you people kept my room as clean as a whistle, landry always fresh and clean, thank you. The most important thank you is for all the great memories that will stay with me forever, the friends I made and will never forget, thank you.
I hope to stay again someday soon at your wonderful hotel and again meet all you great jamaican people.
May god bless you all,
Have a great day,
Kevin Morrison.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2010

The room was clean and the resturant staff were helpfull and friendly. The shower ran cold water, the electric sockets sparkled when removing the plug, the pool was not maintained and will never be available for use!
The reception staff I found unhelpful and unfriendly. Impossable to use the computer because it was too dark to work by and there was not plug near the desk

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 23, 2009

I stayed at the Mandeville hotel the first week in December with my partner who is resident in Jamaica. The staff were very helpful and made you feel so welcome they were at hand to answer any enquire. I was disappointed when the maid asked if I wanted my room cleaned as this is what I paid for as part of the service so I do not expect to be asked that question I just expect my room to be cleaned daily. The guy who cleaned the pool knocked on my door on answering he came in plonked himself down on the chair and helped himself to my peanuts all because I had a conversation with him at the poolside my partner was not impressed and had words with him. My only other complaint was we were not told we had to run the shower for 10 minutes before it became hot. Other than that Mandeville hotel is okay it does need updating and could do with a lick of paint in places. It is 5 mins walk from everything your heart desires, apart from the sea it is at least 2 hours drive to the nearest beach which is bluefields or treasure beach, and it is central to get to all excursions, it is a bit chilly in the mornings but warms up by 9:00am and you do need a cardigan late at nights. All said and done I had a wonderful time in Mandeville I will be going back in June 2010.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 19, 2009

I stayed for 7 nights from 20th November 2009 with my partner.
Staff: bright, cheeful, more than helpful, always on hand but never obtrusive - there but not there - perfect!. Kitchen staff were great - the food wonderfully prepared and presented. They even went out of their way to prepare something not offered on the menu - great service, family feel but also (as I witnessed) professional customer service tailored to other guests i.e business people and groups. Colour scheme in the restaurant/breakfast area was changed midweek which was a nice surprise to come down to breakfast to.

Reception manned 24hrs, so always someone on hand to advise or assist. Gate to hotel also manned 24hrs by security.
Hotel: We stayed in a Junior Suite which is above the restaurant overlooking the pool on I think the 2nd floor. The room was very spacious with a 6' by 6' bed, firm pillows and cable telly. It also had a single bed to one side and 2 chairs with arms. The balcony wth lockable door was surprisingly deep and the view was of the pool and grounds and through the trees, you could see the 'outside world' - a haven.

The bathroom had a bath with shower, full sized basin and low level toilet. Full range of towels from bath sheet to flannel - all pristine white - were available for use and replaced daily.

About the hotel: This is not a five star hotel in terms of decor. The staff and service are five star. The hotel building and rooms have been kept to the highest standards possible although clearly it is in need of a good injection of funds. The staff do their best with the tools they have been given and this is evident. Stuff is old, but its clean.

The grounds were spotless, the gardener (a woman by the way) worked so hard - so many beautiful trees and shrubs shedding leaves every day but she raked them all up, pruned and edged so it was always neat which of course added to the beauty of the view from our balcony which was as big as a living room!
I used the pool once. It was cleaned daily. Would have used it more but there was a wedding and quite a large business party there on the other days I had wanted to take a dip or sun bath - me in a bikini - not the back drop youd want to your wedding pics or distracting you from your business lunch so on those days I sunbathed on the balcony *smile*.
The view from our room was beautiful - you wouldnt guess that you were right in the middle of bustling, busy mandeville town.

All it needs is money - something we dont even have here in the UK much less in the rest of the world right now.

hotel conveniently located. Access to everything you need is less than 5 mins walk away.

So to the downsides/suggestions for improvement.....and these are only in my opinion....

decor - alot of iron work that needs stripping and repainting....balconies, chairs. Cracked tiles need replacing and some areas regrouting - bathroom and poolside. If they are going to be white, its got to be just that. no matter how much you clean, its still going 'look' dirty - although it wasnt and because its not your own, you feel a little grotty using them - maybe beige colour scheme would more suit?

Lighter wood in the bedrooms to more compliment cream walls.
Safes in bedrooms for personal items (though I would imagine that there would be a hotel safe available - I didnt enquire)
Instructions on how to get hot water from shower - found it (hot water)on 5th day - lol!
Adjustable chairs on balconies and possibly a small table for drinks - had to put mine on floor and swap inside chairs for outside ones - more comfy...not a problem for me but some people would expect a table.
The ceiling fan was inoperable which was a pity - Im guessing it was disconnected after air con installed but sometimes the noise from the aircon was slightly disturbing. Would have been nice to have the choice.
A kettle would have been nice with 2 of everything at least - the refridgerator was a God send though.
smaller fobs for room keys - didnt suit my small purse or his back pocket - talk about advertise - lol!
Needs updating and currently not necessarily accessable for those with walking disabilities but even if you had, the staff would find a way to cater for you.

I enjoyed my stay - thanks to Tanielle and her most competant colleagues.

Merry Christmas to you all and a positive and blessed New Year. All the best.xx

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank julexs
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We stayed at the Mandeville for one night, whilst overnighting in Clarendon after visiting a relative nearby. Had a few difficulties locating hotel, but that was due to the poor street signage in Jamaica.

Was greeted by a very friendly lady, who made checking in a pleasure. Room was a large double and whilst not the best I have stayed in, was clean and comfortable and had cable TV.

Wireless internet available in reception area, or if you're lucky and located not too far from reception, then you can pick it up from your room.

Breakfast service was a little slow, however, the gentleman serving us (sorry, can't remember his name), was very apologetic and when it arrived, was cooked to perfection.

The pool looked very inviting, but unfortunately, did not have a chance to try it out on this short visit.

If you're looking for something basic and reasonably priced, then you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple