“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Had read mixed reviews about the Bull, but decided to give it go for a Saturday lunch. Ordered scampi and chips! £12.95' liver bacon £10.95. Scampi cooked in clearly old oil, chips soggy,
Liver Bacon was okay served with mash potato, small onions and swimming in gravy.. Didn't mind the 50 min wait, but to
be honest wasn't worth the wait. Although we did finish the meal because we were Hungary,

The staff were really friendly, and the ambience of the place was good.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Let me start by saying my wife and I are very fussy eaters (!) - and love dining out! We were house hunting in Bethersden and thought we would stop for lunch - picked this pub as it was the first one we saw after the last viewing.

We liked the look of the menu and ordered - steak and a scampi. Steak was cooked beautifully and the scampi batter was crisp and light. Chips were spot on. We loved it - service was very friendly and overall - a really enjoyable lunch. They even had Whitstable beer too - lovely!

Thought nothing more until today when we received our regular Tripadvisor email - and discovered the "mixed" reviews for this pub as we researched the area as we were seriously thinking of moving there. All we can say is that we loved it - and will be back. Great food, great place.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

The service and friendliness of the staff cannot be faulted but the food is really not enjoyable. We have eaten here on a number of occasions as the pub is local to us and we really want to support it. We have even given feedback at the time in an endeavour to improve things but it remains consistently poor. The food often tastes bland and seems to have been hanging around for a while or reheated rather than cooked fresh. Even the chips which are frankly difficult to spoil can be lukewarm, soggy and taste stale. The Bull Inn landlord- Please get your chef to read all of the feedback about your food. Your restaurant if often nearly empty when pubs In the nearby villages are full to bursting. There is a good reason for this. Try eating your food then have a meal at some of the other local eateries. You will soon be able to see where improvements are needed.

3  Thank Flossyblue
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I come to The Bul quite often and I must say that it I have always left pleased. The food is great. The sausage and mash, is always a popular choice for me, good quality sausages brilliant onion gravy and I have never found a lump in the mash. Another popular one for me is the fish and chips, nice fresh cod you can tell buy the taste, look and texture it has nerver been frozen. The chip are very good and hand cut and peas perfectly cook. The best think I must say about the food it that it never fails to come out hot.

The staff are great when it's busy the let you know if it is going to be a bit of a wait and even with a full restaraunt I have never waisted more than 30 mins.

The drinks are really good to, it's the Guinness is really good. (Hard to find a pub that does a good pint)

The garden is lovely well looked after and presented with brilliant straight stripes is the nice cut grass.

I would recommend anyone to go in and try this place. IT'S GREAT!

1  Thank Rossco6930
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Went for a family bank holiday treat knowing this pub has always been great for the past year since our first visit. Was not let down, food, service, value, staff.... The list goes on as to just why this pub is a gem.
I cannot recommend this pub anymore it truly is a great family venue

1  Thank Philip A